BONUS CHAPTER #2

~An Unlikely Bond~

PART 2- The Deal

SHIP: JOPHIE (Japeth/Sophie)
SETTING: A continuation of BONUS CHAPTER #1. Takes Place in Camelot after ACOT sometime in TOTK.
SCENARIO: After their talk in the throne room in Bonus Chapter #1, Japeth and Sophie seem to be on better terms than before. Sophie notices a change in Japeth and the two strike a deal over the fate of Sophie's friends' lives—much like the time Sophie agreed to become Rhian's storian in exchange for Hort being released from the dungeons.
————————

• Request from Arthoe_x_X
(Thanks for recommending that I do another Jophie OneShot! 😊👍)

Sophie gazed out the window, watching the sun beginning to rise steadily above the treetops outside. It was the start of a new day and perhaps the start of a new beginning for Sophie and her newly wedded husband in a way.

Something last night had definitely changed between them. After Japeth had been very close to ending Sophie's life before he ended up confessing his frustrations over Aric, him and Sophie had gone back to their separate rooms to sleep.

Last night had been the first night that Sophie had really gotten some much needed rest since Rhian's death. For the first time, Sophie hadn't suffered from any nightmares of a lion dying at a Snake's fangs.

In fact, she dreamt of herself residing in a crowd of guests whose attention were all focused on an aisle of rose petals on which Agatha walked on, adorning her diadem and the most stunning wedding gown Sophie had ever seen. At a golden altar stood Tedros in his best attire as he awaited his future queen to meet him with a smile on his face.

Sophie smiled too in the dream, for seeing her two best friends get married was all she could have ever hoped for. Tedros and Agatha would be the rulers of Camelot and the two would bring everlasting peace to the woods for years to come.

There was only one thing off about the dream of her's though...If Sophie looked close enough, she could see someone slouched beyond the altar as Tedros and Agatha's lips collided in a kiss. In the shadows, the person's hair was messy and when they raised their heads to look at Sophie, she was met with the look of a broken boy silently pleading to her to end his suffering.

It was Japeth.

Before Sophie could do anything, the dream had faded like evaporating mist as she'd startled awake, clutching her sheets to her chest to find herself in her bed in Camelot.

That was when she remembered Tedros and Agatha were not the rulers of Camelot. Japeth was king and Sophie his queen after they'd gotten married just a few days ago.

Sophie had wanted to lay in bed and collect her thoughts, but before she knew it her handmaidens had barged in unannounced to get her ready for the day.

"His majesty requests your presence in the dining room for breakfast," One of the maids had informed her as she set to work brushing Sophie's golden hair. "Don't be late."

The other maids stripped Sophie's bed and busied themselves with tasks Sophie took no mind to. When they had all but scrubbed her skin bare and left the room, Sophie sat next to the windowsill to watch the sunrise.

For a long while, Sophie wondered what Agatha and Tedros were up to now. She figured they were probably off searching for a way to rescue her and stop Japeth. If that was the case, Sophie was sure they'd have come up with a plan by now unless there was no plan and they thought defeating Japeth was all but hopeless.