BONUS CHAPTER #8

A/N—So, I first started writing, "His Darkened Heart," weeks before I first started posting chapters of it on Wattpad. Originally, this fanfic was supposed to only have like 12 chapters, but I decided to make the story longer later on.

Anyway, the biggest difference from the version of this story and my original draft was probably chapter One in which Japeth and Aric meet for the first time. Also, some of the characters in the finished story have different names than the characters in this draft you're about to read so...

Since I got a request from HisMajestyKingJapeth to write more Jaric with alternate endings, I decided to post a rewritten version of the first chapter of, "His Darkened Heart," here if you'd like to check it out. This version is somewhat similar to the earliest draft of the first chapter that I wrote, but it's more in depth.

BTW, HisMajestyKingJapeth I know this isn't an alternate ending, but it's an alternate BEGINNING, so....

Enjoy!
*********

Chapter One  Arbed House

—ARIC'S POV—

Aric never realized how dull Arbed House really was until he met him. Him...The boy who could take anyone's breath away with just a glance, the boy who made Aric feel things he'd never felt with anyone before.

Aric had been sent to Arbed House just a week ago after he'd sinisterly burnt down his caretakers' home and attacked their daughter. It wasn't like he'd done these acts without good reason though. The Mahut family were good doers of course and had taken him in when he was just a child. But Aric had always felt angry at the world, at life itself.

Aric's mother had abandoned him in the woods without a single goodbye and had left her little boy to starve all alone. She never returned. It was something that scarred Aric, even now, eight years later. Part of him just died the day his mother left him as if he'd just stopped caring.

That was why Aric was here in this dreadful Arbed House now, because he'd just stopped pretending to be on his best behavior.

Already a week into Arbed House, Aric was sick of his classes and stupid lectures. Everybody in Arbed mostly just kept to themselves except for the twins.

The twins were two brothers named Rhian and Japeth. They seemed close like family should be, but Rhian was the golden boy of the two. He always tried to keep his brother in line while Japeth only sulked like a baby. Rumors had it that they'd been dumped in Arbed House cause they were orphans and their parents died.

It was Aric's first day at Arbed House when he first saw the two boys in their identical uniforms. They were bickering like two spoiled children. That was also the very same day that Aric first met the "lesser of the two brothers."

Japeth.

The very first day, Mrs. Burnhilde, the dean of Arbed House, called a gathering of sorts. All the boys in Arbed had to sit in a circle and talk about why they'd been sent to Arbed House.

Dean Burnhilde was a dark skinned woman with frizzy beehive hair that stuck upwards like a sore thumb. She was bright and cheerful which was a huge annoyance to Aric. After all, he hated anything positive. If there was one thing Aric hated the most, it was positivity and unfortunately, his new dean was the very embodiment of positivity.