KHUSHI'S POV

Hi guys thank u all for ur votes and comments I deeply appreciate all the love you guys has given me in such a short span.
I have good and bad news
Good news is my exams has been postponed to the 30th of May, more time to go through everything again and bad news because I wanted to get it over and done with.
Any ways enough of my problems.

Back to the story.

.......................................

KHUSHI,the name my parent gave me.

Happiness they call me,  but was I really happy. The answer is NO, I wasn't happy.

They say action speaks louder than words, but it's all a big lie. Because why is it that my body language and my jovial and happy nature didn't match the inner turmoil I feel inside.

I said one thing but my action gave out another sign and yet no felt it except Babuji.

Deep down I was screaming to be freed and understood.

Deep down I wanted to back answer anyone who had hurt me badly but I couldn't and maybe it was because I was weak or just chose to ignore them.

Death is the most unavoidable and cruel truth of our lives and it considers no one and definitely does care about the damage it does or leave behind.

It took my parent away without any consideration. But being adopted by Babuji to the distaste and displeasure of his dragon lady sister and wife who blindly follow the order of her sister in law just to be in her good book,  but I don't blame her.

I also tolerated her taunts and humiliations by following her every order in other to be genuinely accepted.

The adoption gave me new hope that Devi Maiya has given me a second chance to finally have a new family with a big sister as bonus.

But it came along with daily taunts and humiliations for being an orphan and constantly blamed for things, whether i was responsible for them or not.

They stopped me from going to school because they thought it was a waste of money.

Payal had always got the good stuff while I had to settle for the leftovers and hand downs but nevertheless I was grateful and happy to have them.

From clothes to toys to shoes.

Payal wasn't that bad either, even though she only considered me her sister when it's convenient for her.

Babuji always hated the taunts and maltreatment I got from the Gupta women but a confrontation always lead to more taunts, so he gave up and secretly paid for my education (preschool to college) with a condition that I tell no one and also pretend to help him at his sweet shop when in actual fact I went off to school.

They did get suspicious at times but Babuji always manage to make up believable stories and excuses with circumstantial evidence to backup our lies which washed away their doubt.

But today here I stand, being humiliated and insulted for being selfless and caring.

Here I stand verbally abuse for telling the truth. But am not in anyway shocked or surprised that Payal never backup the truth but rather chose to stay quiet after all she has always been a coward and puppet to other's whims and orders.

I wasn't shocked the Gupta women reacted the way they did but rather hurt by their reaction when the nature of my marriage to Arnav came to light.

I knew they will never back me up because they never did in the beginning.

And why will they do it now when again I got someone better than their daughter.

I knew it was never about their reputation but rather about me having someone way higher than their daughter did.

They only pretended to love or care when it was convenient for them or had something to gain.

Truth be told I don't blame them,  I take all the blame because I was responsible for their behavior towards me,  my selflessness and inability to stand up for my self from the beginning caused all this.

They say no one can make you feel inferior unless you allow them to and YES I did allow them but no more, no more humiliation and taunts from both the Raizada and Gupta women.

Enough is enough,  time to put these ungrateful witches in their rightful place.

And this time am not alone, this time am not afraid anymore, this time I have my Babuji, my brothers Aman and NK and most importantly my Arnav by my side.

ENOUGH OF BEING SELFLESS.

"Aman bhai and Nanheji pls come back soon,  if everything we heard and the puzzle we pieced together ends up being true then these people don't deserve my Arnav.
How will Arnav react when the real truth of the past is revealed, when the real faces of Anjali , Manorama and Nani are revealed,he will surely break more than he is now. Devi Maiya,I need your guidance to help him through the approaching storm.

To be continued

Bye  for now.

Don't forget to vote and comment
Negative and positive critics.