𝕀𝕀𝕀

Santiago, Boyle and Holt soon entered the scene, followed by a bunch of swat agents. Charles kneeled by Jake and Ellie as soon as he saw them.

"Call an ambulance," Jake told his friend, his voice clearly worried. Jake made sure to keep his hand pressuring on her stomach, where a lot of blood was coming out of. Amy didn't say anything, and just ran outside to help Rosa taking down the man.

"Jake?" A weak voice said. Everyone went silent and watched as Ellie wrapped her arms around Jake's neck. He hesitated for a second, wondering if she should even be moving, but then quickly wrapped his arm around her waist and the other behind her head, pulling her as close to him as he could. When they pulled back, Ellie went and tried to stand up, but Jake didn't allow her.

"Take it easy, Ellie," he told her, helping her sit down on a metal chair. "You don't look so good."

"And yet I still look better than you," she mumbled. Jake stared at her for a second, wondering if he had heard right, but then a smirk creeped it's way to his face.

"There she is," he laughed. The atmosphere of the room lightened a bit, and Ellie tried to stand up again.

"Jeez, Els, take it slow. You've got a whole in you."

"Two holes actually," Ellie corrected him, keeping her hands on her lower side to keep pressure on her wounds.

"Wait a minute," Charles interrupted. "What do you mean you have 'two holes'?"

"Title of your sex tape," both Jake and Ellie said in unison.

"What did I just witness," Amy mumbled as she walked in the room.

"Who's that?" Ellie asked. She couldn't actually see Amy, since she was behind her, and could only hear Amy's voice.

"That's Amy. She's the girl they got to replace you," Charles told her, earning a stare from mostly everyone.

"Uh, no," Amy stuttered. "No no, I didn't want to replace anyone. I'll never.. I could never... I wouldn't-"

"Hey, it's fine," Ellie laughed. "I'm glad they got someone. Having a woman that's better than him is what keeps Jake motivated." Ellie turned on her chair to look at Amy and extended her hand. She looked down at her hand and noticed how she had blood all over it from putting pressure on her wound and lowered her hand. "Ellie Cruz. I'd shake your hand if I hadn't, you know, bleed all over it."

"Amy Santiago," Amy said, a smile on her face. She had the exact same humour as Jake. Amy immediately knew why them two were made for each other. "That's alright. We can have a proper handshake when you're at the hospital, clean and stitched up."

"Great to know you," Ellie said honestly. "But does anyone know when the ambulance is coming over?" She almost mumbled it, having trouble to keep her eyes open. Jake kneeled down next to her, obviously worried, but also relieved that she was alive.

"I hope it gets here soon. I wouldn't want to have to get a hole new stomach," Ellie slurred out, en exhausted smirk on her face.

"That's a new low," Charles commented, as Amy cringed. Jake would have found the pun hylarious if it weren'tfor the fact that Ellie was losing way too much blood, and soon would lose consciousness. "You've changed, Ellie."

"Well, it's been nine years," was all she was able t let out before her eyes rolled to the back of her head and her body fell limp into Jake's arms.