𝕍𝕀𝕀𝕀

Jake only agreed to go home and take a shower if he could be back at the hospital in twenty minutes or so, to watch over Ellie. The Captain conceeded, and drove the detective home. He took a quick shower and filled a backpack with another set of clothes; sweatpants, a loose tshirt and a hoodie. He didn't know when, but Ellie was going to wake up, and he knew how much she hated hospital clothes.

He quickly walked out of his apartment and back to the car where Holt was waiting, sitting down on the passenger seat.

"Peralta, are you sure that you want to go back to the hospital?" Holt asked as he started the car. "Diaz is already there, she is looking after Cruz."

"I have to, Captain," was all Jake answered. Holt nodded in understanding and they drove silently to the hospital.

When they got there, Amy was waiting for Jake in the waiting room.

"I was about to call you," she admitted. Jake immediately tensed. Amy regretted her words as soon as he saw the look of panic on his face. "I didn't mean it like that! Everything's alright," she quickly reassured him. "It's just that... she just woke up. She's fine. She'll have a full recovery."

It was if the weight of the sky had been removed from his shoulders. "Where is she?" He asked in a breathless voice.

"Room 318," Amy answered. Jake didn't waste any time before he bolted for the stairs, running to the third floor. He followed the rooms in a frenzy, looking for 318. He almost tripped on a nurse who was crouching on the ground at some point, but he was relieved when he found the door number he was looking for.

The door was open, and as soon as his head popped up, Ellie's eyes glowed. She smiled at the man at her door, making Rosa turn around on her chair and look at him.

"Hey, handsome," Ellie mumbled. Jake couldn't help but smile at her. Rosa smirked at Jake as she stood up and headed for the door to give then a little time alone. As she walked past him, she gently patted him on the shoulder, and smiled.

"You scared me so much," he whispered as soon as Rosa closed the door behind her. Ellie smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry," Ellie apologized, patting the mattress next to her. Jake sighed in relief after finally accepting the fact that Ellie was fine. Ellie was alive, she was good.

Jake sat next to her knees. Ellie's bed was tilted in a way she was almost sitting, resting her back against the tons of fluffy looking pillows behind her.

"I missed you," she admitted, grabbing one of his hands. For a second, there was silence. They were thinking, admiring, both lost in each other's eyes. "Sooo, what have you been up to, lately?" Ellie decided to break the tension.

"Oh, you know," Jake shrugged. "Same old, same old. What about you? Have you like... you know, met any guys or... uh - I mean, any girls, or anything like that?"

"Is that your way of asking if I've gotten myself in a relationship the past 9 years?" Ellie smirked at his awkwardness.

"Yes, have you?" Jake quickly said.

"Well, no," Ellie shook her head. "With you waiting for me at home? Why would I ever do that? Also, pretty much everyone I knew was Mafia --" Jake cut her off by grabbing her head in his hands and leaning closer, catching her lips in his.

The kiss was so slow, but so heated at the same time. It was like they never wanted it to end. After nine years of waiting, they were finally together again. It was like nothing could ever stop them.

Jake pulled away after a few seconds.

"I'm sorry, I just really needed to do that," he apologized.

"Don't apologize," Ellie shook her head, grabbing his leather jacket and pulling Jake to her, catching his lips in another kiss.

"There they are!" Charles'voice suddenly alerted them. Jake pulled away from Ellie in an instant. "Guys, this is so cute, can I take a video of the two of you frenching so I can one day show it to my children."

"Ew," Jake frowned. "Charles, no."

"Frenching," Ellie repeated, a look of disgust on her face.

"I was serious!" Charles exclaimed. "You're Jake and Ellie, and you're back together!"

"It's true," Rosa agreed with a nod. "You're cute."