𝕀𝕏

"You really should stay here another night, you know?" Jake tried, but it was of no use. Ellie was already up, and she had already gone to the bathroom and changed her hospital clothes to Jake's.

"You know how much I hate these places, Jakey," Ellie whined. Jake sighed. "And the quicker I'm out of here, the quicker I can get back to work. By the way, who's that Amy chick? Is she still around?"

"She went home when I got here," Jake explained.

"Tell me something about her," Ellie asked the man. "Is she like super competitive? 'Cause I don't wanna go back and make her feel like I'm replacing her or something."

"Okay, first of all, you're not getting back to work right now," Jake stated. "The doctor said two weeks of rest at least," he reminded her. Ellie groaned. "Third, technically, she's the one who took your place."

"Did you not have a second argument?"

"I did, but it was dumb." Ellie laughed at him. She had missed this. She'd missed the squad, she'd missed Jake. 

After a moment of silence, Jake decided to speak up again.

"Are you going to call your parents?" he asked hesitantly. Ellie froze and Jake immediately regretted ever mentioning this subject. 

"I... I don't know," she admitted. Ellie had never had an easy relationship with her parents. Her father, he was... let's just say he wasn't a very legit man, nor a very kind one, and neither was her mother. "I don't even know if they would be happy to see me," she added. Jake sighed and nodded. He wished he could have said something to reassure Ellie, but the truth is, shw was right. Her father had always been against her choice to become a policewoman. And when Ellie came out as pansexual, he pretty much disowned her. Ellie always acted like she didn't really care, but Jake knew she did. He knew Ellie wished she could have a normal, healthy relationship with her family. 

"I'm sorry," was all he could say.

"Don't worry about it, Jake. Besides, Rosa told me I could stay over at her place for the next few weeks, so I don't really have to call them right now."

Jake helped her pack the rest of her stuff and drove them to the precinct. Ellie thought she'd be speaking privately to Captain Holt and that no one else knew she'd be coming. Little did she know, pretty much the whole precinct was waiting on the floor for her.

"Welcome back, Cruz!" They yelled as the elevator doors opened. Ellie couldn't help but smile wide at the sight. Her coworkers, her friends, people she hadn't seen in over nine years, all together to greet her and welcome her back.

"You guys!" She waved them off. Ellie gave Jake a look and immediately knew he'd been the one to put all this together. She smiled up at him and grabbed his hand, squeezing it as a silent 'thank you' gesture. He smirked right back.

Charles was the first one to step forward towards Ellie.

"Ellie, I'm happy you're back," he said, pulling her into a hug she gladly accepted.

"I'm glad to be back."

"Here, I made you these tacos, a traditional dish," he said, gesturing to a giant plate of tacos on his desk.

"She's not mexican, but I guess it's the thought that counts," Jake commented and Ellie nodded.

"You didn't have to make me anything, Charles, but thank you," she laughed, glancing at the tacos that looked delicious.

"We made you this cake, Ellie," Scully spoke up, and Ellie looked over to see a half eaten cake on the two's desk. They were also covered in it.

"If you find any toenails in there, please return them to us," Hitchcock added, and suddenly a very sweet moment turned into a disgusting one. Everyone groaned. "What?"

"You can eat it, thank you," Ellie said, a look of disgust still present on her face. Scully's face lit up and he immediatly dug back into it.

Rosa walked to Ellie and wrapped her arms around her best friend.

"You don't understand how relieved I am that you're safe," Rosa said in her ear.

"I've missed you, Rosie," Ellie teased as they pulled away. Rosa squinted her eyes at the girl, but decided to let it go.

"I'll let that pass just this once," she warned her.