13

"What do you think you are doing, little girl? Get down, we want to meet the King!" Alpha Daniels bellows out. "Do not speak to her that way! You big meanie!" Astrid smiles wildly hearing Little One's voice. "Little One come here." Astrid calls. Alpha Daniels looks ready to shift. She wants Little One safe. "There is no King. I am the Queen." Astrid speaks as soon as Little One is in her arms. "Then who is the man with you? Your mate?" Alpha Daniel sneers. "No, this is my Beta, Liam, and my protector." Astrid says calmly. "My original mate died."

"Women cannot rule. They know nothing of war or fighting! You need to need to take a mate choose another mate!" Alpha Daniels stands to his feet, pointing an accusing finger. "Who shall I take then? One of you, who has a mate, whether together or not yet found?" Astrid cocks an eyebrow. "Yes!" Several Alphas call out. "I see. So who all did you leave in charge of your packs?" No one responds. "So you will leave your Luna's in charge, but yet I cannot rule without a mate?" Still no one spoke. "You need an heir." I voice said. "Ah, another thing women are good for. Breeding." Astrid sneers. "How do we know if you are even the right person. You could be an imposter." Alpha Daniels questions her again.

"One more time of defying your Queen, and I will personally throw you off this territory, Alpha" Liam spits Alpha like a bad taste. "Its alright, Liam. We expected this." Astrid speaks softly. "Little One are your brothers here too?" She asks, and gets a nod. "Boys come here." They all come forward. "Who am I?" She asks them. "They are children. They cannot say." Daniels protests. "Boys behind me, with your sister. Now." The kids scurry behind her. Protecting their sister.

"Daniels, this line of questioning has gone on long enough. I'll show you all that I am who I say I am." Astrid shifts into Lucy, and there is sharp inhales all around. "Do you believe the claim now!?" Liam yells. Collective murmurs of agreements. Astrid shifts back with her dress still on. Gasps are heard. "Now, about me taking a mate."

"You don't need to take one. The Moon Goddess made you into a woman for a reason. We have no right to question that." Sampson spoke up. He sounded broken. Her heart ached to fix that. "Sometimes the Moon Goddess makes mistakes! Think about abusive mates!" Daniels booms. This sparks a fire inside Lucy. "My mother knows exactly what she is doing, however we are all available for free choice. Based on our decisions decides the fate of everyone." Astrid and Lucy's voice mix. One eye green, one purple and venom lacing their voice.

Sampson's POV: From Astrid walking in.

She is gorgeous. Thin, curvy, muscular. Dark brown hair, bright green eyes, perfect little nose. Tattoos, piercings, she is also the Queen! My mate is the Queen!? How is this possible. No, I'll be the King by mating. What about my pack!?

"Aaron's kids are supposed to take over anyway. Hand him the title, or our pack can join the royal pack." Andrew shrugs. She hasn't looked at him, but he can't stop staring. He isn't paying attention to what is going on. Until he hears. "My original mate died." She sounds so cold to it. She had a mate, and he died? Does that mean she isn't his mate? She can't be if she already had one. Andrew whimpers. Sampson hangs his head in grief. It wasn't a mate pull, but the pull to protect the Queen.

He sees her shift into her wolf. She is gorgeous. She is solid black, the larger than any wolf he has ever seen. Larger than himself. She had vibrant purple eyes. She shifts back with her hair still done, dress still on, makeup still done. "Now, about me taking a mate." She says lowly.

"You don't need to take one. The Moon Goddess made you into a woman for a reason. We have no right to question that." It takes a second for him to realize that was his voice that spoke. It sounds nothing like his voice. This voice is broken sounding. Vulnerable. There is loud voices but Sampson doesn't care. He will serve his Queen.

Third person's POV:

"Which one of you, would you have me take then?" Astrid asks, Liam growls. "Me." Blackwood stands up. "You? Why you?" Astrid asks calmly. "My mate died giving birth to the twins. My children have already taken a liking to you. It works." Blackwood shrugs. Astrid rolls her eyes. Blackwood knows she has a second mate, yet he offers himself to her. "Would the rest of you agree?" There was collective whispers. "You could take Sampson?" Beta Aaron says quietly. "Why would you suggest him, Beta Aaron?" Astrid asks. "He has never had a mate, his pack is to go to my oldest. Whoever becomes your mate, would need to leave the pack." Beta Aaron explains. "I see. Anyone else want to volunteer?" Astrid asks. "Me." Daniels volunteers. "Me!" Alpha Paul volunteers.

"So you all get to decide that I have to take a mate in order to rule?" Whispers are heard. "Those who volunteered stand. I want to see you." Samspon does not stand. "Stand Sampson, you were volunteered by your Beta." He nods and stands, with head hung. There are 6 Alphas standing. "Sit if you would shun a turned wolf." Three sit down. "Sit if you would not accept a rogue or lone wolf into your pack." Two more sit. Sampson is the only one standing. "Sampson, you have agreed with me every step of the way, you have supported me, you keep lone and rogue wolves. You help turned wolves. You follow my mother's command quite well, mate." She gave a small smile to him and nodded. "Mine!" Andrew growled out.

"You said your mate died!" Daniels calls out. "I said my original mate. My human mate died. Sampson is my second mate, as am I his." She nods to him. He stalks towards her. "I am what you consider a turned wolf." There are more gasps. "Oh for the love of my mother! I was a human, who carried the gene but it needed activated. I was kidnapped and bitten. My alpha gene was activated. Being raped repeatedly activated my Reincarnation gene. There. You all know the story. Now, if you will follow me, keep your asses still. Those against me, get off my territory." She said lowly. Daniels got up. The rest stay seated. "Seriously, only me who doesn't want a turned fake?" His Beta stays seated. "Your packs will have the same choice. The options to not follow their Alpha, with no repercussions from the Alpha." Astrid commands. All Alphas nod.

"Eat, drink, enjoy. I will be getting to know my mate." Astrid announces. She walks towards the exit, "Unless you do not want to?" Sampson walks to her with a smirk. "I want to get to know all of you." He whispers with a husky voice. She shivers under it. "Mmm maybe, we will see." She shrugs, and walks away.