18

Sampson awoke with a start. "Was that all a dream?" He spoke aloud. He was in his room at the pack house. He dreamed he was at the castle, and he was mated to the Queen. She was gorgeous. He had broken her heart though, and she ended up ahot, and barren. She rejected him in order for him to live free from her and happy. He didn't understand that. Why would he have a nightmare about the Queen. He had kissed her in his dream, and it was the most mind blowing kiss, anyone could ever have. He shook off his dream, and remembered his mate had died. The Queen had given him her file, and apologized that she couldn't have gotten it to him sooner. He was devastated by the fact he knew she was gone, but now he could move on.

"Aaron! Just who I was looking for. Could you do me a favor, and bring me the files of all the widowed she-wolves, please?" Sampson asked. Asron was taken aback. His Alpha was going to take a Luna! "Y-yes, but why!? You never needed a woman before, why now?" Aaron found his voice. "Its time to move on." Sampson spun on his heel, and almost skipped out of the kitchen. Leaving a bewildered Aaron standing with his jaw on the floor.

"Sweetheart, I'm so sorry. I wish you wouldn't have done that." Liam was laying in Astrid's bed holding her. She was content, but knew one day Liam would find his mate, and she would be alone again. The Blackwood children had come to live in the castle, but Astrid couldn't bring herself to see them. Lucy was whimpering, but knew their mate was feeling happy. They had kissed him, in order to feel his emotions. Knowing it would cause them more pain, when he mated another, but also allow them peace of mind, knowing he was happy. "I didn't want tou to feel this pain. I know it too well." Liam whispered. Astrid was confused. She looked at Liam, and it was like a slap in the face. Liam had been rejected. He nodded his head. A tear fell from his eye. "I'm so sorry Liam. My mother never showed me that." She takes his face in her hands. "If he takes another, he doesn't deserve you. So selfless, so pure, so kind, even now. You are in the initial pain of rejection, and yet you are comforting me, who has had time to adjust to it." She gave him a small smile. "Thank you." She kissed his tear away, and he kissed her forehead. Her head tucked protectively under his chin, an arm wrapped around her waist, and one on her head. Her hands pressed against his chest, and her cheek resting inbetween.

"My Queen, there are some Alphas here, who wish an audience." One of the guards enters. She sighs and nods. "Thanks Charlie." He shuffles from foot to foot. She quirks an eyebrow at him. "I want to hug you. I know it should be frowned upon, but me and my wolf want to comfort you. You selflessly rejected your mate, and we just want you to know you aren't alone, and never will be." He whines. Astrid laughs slightly. "You can hug me." Charlie races over, and bear hugs Astrid. She laughs in return. "Thank you Charlie." He nods and puts her down. "Stall the Alphas for like 10 minutes while I freshen up. Charlie smirks. "My pleasure to stall those assholes." He closes the door, and Liam and Astrid laugh. "You know I have no romantic feelings for you, right?" Liam asks in a small voice. Astrid laughs, a full laugh. "Silly wolf. I know. Nor do I have any towards you. It's like you are my brother or comfort or safe place, no sexual attraction there. Which is weird, if I was still human, I'd be jumping you cause I'm mucked up in the brain."  Liam laughs and shakes his head. "I have this drive to always be your safe place, comfort, and such. You arent mucked up in the brain, just seeking comfort and stability in all aspects. It's going to suck staying celibate." He sighs, and Astrid nods. She then gets a smirk. "So not sexually attracted to me at all? Like think I'm absolutely vile?" Liam looks shocked, and horrified. "No! I mean you are gorgeous! You have a great body any wolf would want!" She starts laughing, Lucy even starts laughing. "Liam I am messing with you. Although, you aren't too bad looking yourself. And if there was any sexual attraction, I'd go for you." She winks still laughing. Liam looks flabergasted. "Come on, the Alphas are waiting."