Chapter 9: Cassandra

I watched as Jeremiah and Josiah left the room leaving me alone with Elaine, and whoever...she was. I noticed she was the wolf hanging on Josiah's arm last night. When they had walked in together pain tore through my chest, they seemed close. Scolding myself I think back to how I had been acting as well, I wasn't exactly being the perfect mate. But, I am scared. After my encounter with that alpha 3 years ago I had not exactly been too keen on being around Alpha's from other packs. It was common that I would hide out in my room when other Alpha's would visit. If only I had met them first I would have been more open to being with them, to loving them, to becoming one with them. I am terrified to now, what if they realize they don't want me. Tears pricked my eyes as I thought about the possibility of being rejected by them, as much as I hated to admit it, I didn't want them to.

"How are you liking it here so far, Luna?" Elaine's voice broke me out of my thoughts. Turning to her I smile trying to hide the insecurities within me.

"The pack grounds are very beautiful. My previous pack had always been surrounded by open fields, except for the woods that lead to a lake only I knew about, so being so deep in the forest has me feeling alive." I smiled thinking about home, I missed them so much. I wonder how father and brother are doing.

"So you're the one that's been a pain in the ass to Josiah, MY mate." The blonde haired woman scowled.

"Madison!" Elaine hissed in warning.

"Excuse me...your mate?" I questioned turning around and facing her. She was tall, a good 5'7, much taller than my 5'3 stature. Her hair was long and blonde, her skin pale but contrasted with her bright blue eyes. Her facial looks didn't make much to look at when she was dressed in the shortest skirt and crop top possible.

"Yes, MY mate." She growled standing up from her chair. Stalking over to me she glared down at me. Her eyes drank me in as if she was assessing my strength through my looks. Wolves always thought that just because I was small that I didn't know how to protect myself, but I was the strongest in my pack.

"That is enough, Madison!" Elaine growled taking a step forward as her wolf pushed her to protect her Luna.

"Shut up, Elaine!" Madison growled, shooting her a look of warning.

"He doesn't even want you! He told me last night how much of a pain you are!" Madison growled, narrowing her eyes at me with a triumphant smirk.

"How is a mutt like you supposed to be Luna anyway? You haven't even shown yourself to the pack yet. Some Luna you are." She scoffed, crossing her arms as if she knew she won.

Before I could stop myself I had jumped onto Madison knocking her to the ground. I clawed at her hair pulling and slapping as much as I could with my hands eventually turning into fist and striking every and anything that was connected to her body.. My hands flew at an amazing speed as I landed blow after blow to her face. Madison flipped us over grabbing at my hands unsuccessfully. As I flailed my arms I wiggled out of her grasp. I kneed her in the stomach trying to push her off of me and change our position. Her grip weakened but she quickly regained her composure as she tried to hold me still.

"ENOUGH!" Jeremiah and Josiah's voices bellowed from behind us. Reluctantly Madison removed herself from me, not before baring her teeth and snapping at me.

"What is going on here?" Jeremiah questioned looking between the two of us.

"She started it! I was only telling her the truth, then she attacked me." Madison spoke up quickly crossing her arms over her chest. Rolling my eyes I huffed, annoyed with the blonde bimbo already.

"Truth about what?" Josiah growled, stalking over to her, his face hard and cold.

"About us being mates! You acknowledged it too! She is not fit to be Luna, I am! I've worked so hard for this and she just gets a free ride?" Madison screeched.