Chapter 16: Josiah

'That monster deserves to be killed and fed to the sharks.' I growl through the mind link. 'Calm down, brother. I understand your anger. However, she is ours, she is here with us, she bears our marks.' Jeremiah links back calmly. 'When can we mate her?' I asked quickly, we need to finish the mating process before her heat comes. She's been through enough pain already. 'First we need to formally introduce her to the pack. I think we should bring it up now.' I link back. Nodding at each other we turn our attention back to Cassandra.

"We have to talk." Jeremiah began.

"About...?" She questioned raising her perfect eyebrows at us.

"You've been here for about a month and you haven't been introduced to the entire pack yet. Plus we need to have the Luna ceremony." He explained clasping her hand in his.

"Okay." She shrugged simply. Jeremiah and I shared a confused look then turning our attention back to Cassandra.

"That's it? You're not going to fight us on this?" Josiah asked, examining her closely.

"Any other time you would fight us tooth and nail." I added.

"No, I'm ready to meet the pack. I feel bad for having kept them waiting for such a long time. Recently...I've noticed differences since we've marked each other. I'm feeling more protective, and I feel like I'm missing something. I'm sure it's the lack of the pack link. With that I feel that I will be whole again." She admitted with a nervous chuckle.

"I guess we'll start preparing, we'll have it in a week." I confirmed.

For the next couple of days we spent time getting ready for the ceremony. Josiah and I had been busy securing the borders so that we would not be interrupted during our gathering. The pack was buzzing with excitement after we mentioned that she would soon be formally introduced. I spent time with Lily helping her pick out decorations, as she loved decorating for special occasions. Cassandra kept herself busy by getting to know Serenity, they bonded instantly and I could see the happiness they shared. They seemed rather close the way they talked in hushed tones and laughing loudly during meals and watching television during their free time. My mate was glowing, she looked so happy and I couldn't help the purr that shook through my chest.

"Everyone is excited to finally meet her." Josiah mentioned as we filed through paperwork in his office.

"I'm excited to finally show her off." I admitted truthfully, Alpha's pride has always been his pack and his mate, and it was no different for Josiah and I. I had wanted nothing more than to show off my powerful mate to my pack.

"I'll have to admit that I am a bit nervous. I think Madison may make a scene." Josiah sighs. Leaning back in my chair I sigh, I have the same worry. Madison had begun to act out in the recent weeks. She was attacking other pack members and was spending an excessive time in the city. It's become difficult to try and control her.

"Well, if she does try to challenge Cassandra, I'm sure our mate will be able to take her down without a problem." Josiah shrugs.

"If only I hadn't messed around with her. Had I known we would find our mate this quickly I wouldn't have kept her around. Is it too late to kill her?" Josiah inquired, his face slightly serious. Shaking my head with a chuckle I focus back on my paperwork.

"Jeremiah?" Cassandra's sweet voice calls from the hallway.

"In here, Love." I call standing up from my desk and stretching. Cassandra comes into my office with a smile on her face and Serenity and Lily on her heels.

"What do you need?" I ask, pressing a quick kiss to her temple.

"Nothing, I just wanted to see you." Lily and Serenity roll their eyes at her. Raising an eyebrow they only chuckled and shook their heads dismissively.

"The ceremony is tomorrow, are you ready?" Josiah asks, coming over from his desk.

"As ready as I'll ever be." She smiles brightly.

"I do have to warn you. Madison may challenge you for the position of Luna." Josiah starts.

"But we are mates, how would she be able to replace me? we've already marked each other." Cassandra questioned.

"If a Luna is challenged for her title and loses, she loses her mates and her position. Plus she could try to mark us which could erase your mark. But because our bodies would reject her, her mark would also be rejected." I explained. Cassandra only nodded her head looking lost in thought. Turning around she leaves the room Serenity hot on her trail. Lily watches me suspiciously.

"I hope you plan on using your alpha tone to make Madison behave." She folds her arms glaring at me.

"I think it'll be nice to have our mate go against our strongest female warrior, it'll show the pack how strong she is. She's an Alpha's daughter after all." Josiah boosted his confidence in our mate filling every word.

The day of the ceremony had finally arrived. The pack was rather noisy with everyone gathering outside of the pack house. As per the normal formal events Josiah and I wore white button-up shirts with the sleeves rolled up, a pair of black slacks, and no shoes. It may be formal but, we were wolves, this was as formal we would be getting. Everyone talked amongst themselves as they waited for us to begin, we were waiting on the signal from Cassandra. At the moment she was busy getting ready with the help of Serenity and Lily. I scanned the pack smiling internally at how well we have been for the past couple of months. 'Here I come.' Cassandra's sweet voice rang through my mind. Glancing at Josiah we nodded, turning our attention back to our pack.

"Attention!" Our voice boomed. Immediately everyone stopped talking, giving us their full attention.

"Today is the day we had all been waiting for." Josiah started. "Today we will be presenting your Luna and she will officially become a member of our pack." I continued.

"Due to unfortunate circumstances we have not been able to fully bring her around the pack, but today, she will finally be one with us all." Josiah boomed.

"We thank you all for your patience, as we understand it has been a confusing couple of weeks." I commented.

"Now let us introduce our mate, and your Luna, Cassandra Rivers." Josiah chanted. From the tree line Cassandra emerged. She was dressed in a pure white maxi dress and no shoes. Her hair was up in her usual bun, but today she looked stunning. Her skin glistened in the moonlight and her eyes sparkled with admiration and determination. My lips spread into a smile as she approached, happiness coursing through my veins as she finally claimed her rightful spot at our side. Stopping between Josiah and I, she gazed through the crowd, confidence rolling off of her in waves. The pack bowed, all but one fuming she-wolf. Glaring at her Cassandra kept her face neutral, as if she was fighting back a growl.

"Do you have something to say, warrior?" Cassandra asked, glaring at Madison.

"Yes! I, Madison Hillson, Challenge you for the position of Luna and Mate to Josiah and Jeremiah." She growled out stalking forwards shoving past wolves as she kept her eyes locked on Cassandra.