Chapter 30: Josiah

This chapter is dedicated to @KimK02, Thank you for reading and commenting. Your comments make my day every time <3

"Who is going to take over the Black River pack?" I asked glancing over at Jeremiah. We sat at the kitchen table eating breakfast, Cassandra seated in my lap and Jeremiah next to us.

"What about Aofie?" Cass chimed in before taking a sip of water.

"He's a gamma." I grumbled. "But he's reliable. Have you ever been told to do something twice? From what I've seen he follows every order you've given him, and he's the strongest wolf in the pack below you two. Which I was not expecting, I would have thought that Bryan was stronger." Cassandra shrugged going back to her plate of pancakes.

"Good morning, my lovely brothers!" Lily skipped into the kitchen. I grunted a good morning watching as my younger sister and her mate took a seat at the table.

"You three are looking extra glowy this morning." Lily smirked.

"What is wrong with your mate, Bryan?" I asked, ignoring my sister and her teasing.

"Nothing, she just overheard some things." Bryan chuckled dryly.

"What the hell!" Cassandra groaned, turning and hiding her face in my neck.

"Oh, sweetie, do not be embarrassed. I'm glad that my brothers finally got to mate you." Cassandra groaned again, Jeremiah and I chuckled, each of our hands finding her thigh in the process.

"I'm sure the whole pack heard it, I mean, you guys were so loud--" Bryan slapped his hand over Lily's mouth.

"Excuse her, I think she needs a talking to, tonight." He purred into her ear. Lily let out a muffled laugh.

"Gross. I would appreciate if you did not mention fucking my sister right in front of us." Jeremiah cringed.

After breakfast we went to our spare office, since we were sure our main office still reeked of sex. Jeremiah and I sat behind our desks while Cassandra found her seat on Jeremiah's lap. Serenity, Aofie, Bryan, and the witch, Gisele each sat in a chair located around the room.

"Sorry I am late, Alpha's." Damien apologized as he stalked into the room taking a seat next to a tense Serenity.

"Now that we are all here I wanted to discuss the Alpha mates situation." I began.

"We left the decision up to Cassandra." Jeremiah continued.

"Damien, were you able to get filled in on the situation?" Cassandra asked pointedly.

"Yes, Luna. I spoke with Bryan and Aofie about it last night." I nodded approvingly.

"Good, since you are the head of our warriors we felt it would be important to let you know as well." I commented.

"Our decision is that we would keep this information hidden and leave things as they are. We did not see a point in starting a war with the surrounding Alpha's." Jeremiah revealed. We glanced around the room, no one appeared to be shocked about it.

"Thankfully, anyone who knows about the situation is either dead or present in this room." Bryan acknowledged.

"Unfortunately, we may end up having to deal with the elder council. Once they catch wind of what happened and a lack of communication from Greyson we may be in a bit of trouble. At this point we'll just have to wait and see." Cassandra looked around the room, just by the look in her eyes I could tell she was preparing for the worst situation possible.

"What are you going to do with me?" Gisele spoke up, her face pale.

"We left that up to Serenity." Cassandra responded with a cold look. She was probably still mad after the kidnapping and Madison incident. Serenity still looked tense, her shoulders bunched up and her hands playing with the hem of her skirt.

"I want her to stay. But she needs to be under close supervision. While I do want to learn from her, I also do not trust her. She could have killed my best friend." Serenity spoke firmly despite her distressed appearance.

"Does anyone have anything against her decision?" I asked, glancing around the room.

"I do!" Damien spoke up shooting up from his chair.

"I'll be damned if I let that witch anywhere near my mate. Not after the shit she's pulled." Damien growled out bearing his teeth at Gisele. I glanced over at Aofie who was leaning forward with his elbows resting on her knees and his hand clasped together, his knuckles turning white.

"I can speak for myself damnit!" Serenity shot up standing in front of the larger man. Damien glared down at her, his face softening slightly.

"Damien, she's made her decision. Gisele will be kept separate from the pack with 24/7 supervision." Jeremiah commanded, his voice harsh. Damien growled lowly before taking his seat and pulling Serenity into his lap. I watched as Serenity scrambled out of his arms and moved her seat closer to Bryan.

"Alright. With that settled this meeting is finished." I smiled stiffly as everyone stood up from their seats and began to leave our office.

"Aofie, Damien, if you two could hang on a second." The men shared a look before taking their seats again.

"Black River pack is currently staying in our guest houses. They are from Serenity's old pack, the pack I claimed and Killed the Alpha." Jeremiah began.

"I want you, Aofie to be the Alpha of the Black River pack. Damien, I want you to be the beta and head warrior. It will be your job to train the pack." They each nodded.

"You are dismissed." Cassandra waved as the men stood up and left our office.

"I think that went better than expected." Cassandra smiled up at us. I smiled warmly at our mate. Her beautiful brown skin was glowing, her green eyes bright with happiness, and her scent had changed. Her scent mingled with ours smelling like us.

"When should we start the transition?" I asked leaning back in my seat.

"Within the next two weeks. That should give them enough time to prepare themselves, and the rest of the pack to start packing up to go home." Cassandra and I nodded. I glanced down at Cassandra.

"I love you, Cassis." I smiled, pressing a soft kiss to her lips.

"I love you too." She blushed. "I love you, Cass." Jeremiah smirked, kissing her deeply.

The next couple of days flew by as we spent our nights in passion and our days preparing for Aofie to take over the Black River pack. Gisele was kept under close watch, at the moment she could not be trusted enough to be on her own. We had not expected to make it this far, but I am glad that we were able to make it work.