5

Just as I felt myself getting more upset I felt Luke's hands grab my own- which surprisingly gave me comfort.

I looked to him, seeing his bright blue eyes, noticing that he was smiling without even showing his mouth.

"You're okay" he nodded.

I nodded in agreement, convincing myself that I was okay.

Soon I heard a door open before three familiar bodies walked in, putting gloves on.

"Okay I'm nervous" I spoke to Luke, feeling him give my hand a squeeze.

"You have no reason to be" He spoke, winking to me.

"Aaliyah, how are you feeling?" Ashton's voice spoke.

"I'm fine" I spoke slowly, seeing Calum appear in front of me, beside Luke.

I watched Ashton and Michael walk behind me, making me turn to watch them.

"Hey turn towards us, they're just getting the epidural ready" Calum spoke, taking me free hand into his own.

I had googled how bad epidurals were

I was not happy.

"My dad can't come sit with me?" I felt myself panicking, I was clearly a daddy's girl in moments of fear.

"He's staying with Tracey, you're okay- I promise" Calum spoke, making me blink my tears away, taking a deep breath.

"No stressing, Aaliyah, you're going to be perfectly okay" Michaels voice spoke, and I felt his hand grab my shoulder gently, staying in place.

"Okay Aaliyah, stay sitting just like you are I'm just going to mark a few spots with a sharpie" Ashton's voice spoke.

My eyes went to the window, where I only saw my dad's body.

I wanted to do like I did when I was nine- I wanted to scream and cry and make the doctors pull him in to hold me, but I was almost seventeen- too old to beg for my dad.

"Okay sweetheart" Ashton's voice spoke slowly, and I heard the cap of the sharpie close.

"Let's get a blood pressure cup on her, and some electrodes and we'll do the epidural and start" Michael spoke, making Calum immediately start assisting Luke in grabbing these things.

Calum moved around the gown, putting the electrodes on my chest.

Luke tightened the cup around my arm, rubbing my arm gently as he finished.

"Okay Aaliyah, I want you to lean onto Calum, he's going to hold you and we're going to clean the spot and then do the epidural, okay?" Ashton spoke, making me send him the smallest "okay"

I did as said, leaning into Calum hold, never letting go of Luke's hands.

I felt a cold liquid on my back, spreading slowly.

Calum's arms went around the bottom of my back, holding me into him.

"Okay Aaliyah, it's very important that you don't move no matter what, okay love?" Ashton spoke, the cold substance leaving my back.

I didn't speak back, I held Luke's hand tightly, feeling him grab my elbow gently.

I felt a hand touch my back gently before I felt some pressure before a vast amount of pain shooting up my spine, making me immediately want to pull away- but it almost immediately went to a numb feeling.

I felt a tear fall, but I quickly wiped it, not wanting any of them to see me crying.

"You did amazing Aaliyah" Ashton's voice rang.

"Okay, sit up slowly" Michaels voice instructed, and he held my shoulder, assisting me to sit up straight.

"Any pain, any pinching?" Ashton's voice spoke.

"None" I responded slowly.

"Kick your legs for me" Calum spoke, making me immediately do so- the feeling weird and numb.

"Okay, just lay on your stomach, face your head either way, put your hands by your head, whatever is comfortable for you" Ashton instructed.

I did as said, facing my head towards Ashton, reaching for Luke's hands, which he immediately intertwined with my own.

"Okay, so if you need to move- just tell us before you do it, keep your breathing slow, say it if you feel pain and talk to us throughout it, and remember that if you feel tired- you can go to sleep"