34

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, which I quickly cut off- not wanting to wake Aaliyah before we absolutely needed to.

I let out a stretch, lightly hitting Calum to wake him up, making him immediately begin the stretch with Aaliyah in his arms.

"It's time already?" He whispered out.

"Yep"

He carefully got up without waking Aaliyah.

We left Michael and Luke with her as we went and showered, getting into scrubs and making sure our OR was getting prepped.

"Everything will be ready in about thirty minutes" a nurse spoke to me with a smile.

"Thank you" I nodded, leaving and heading to her room.

As we walked in, I saw both Luke and Michael in bed with Aaliyah, the three of them watching a Halloween movie in silence.

As I opened my mouth to speak, Michael spoke
"Don't interrupt, its the best part" he spoke quickly.

I laughed lightly, watching the three of them completely zoned into the tv.

I looked to Calum, who gave me a small shrug.

"I'm starting your IV" I spoke quietly to Aaliyah, who never looked to me, but yet nodded slowly.

I grabbed an IV kit, snapping gloves on before cleaning a spot in the crook of her arm,

I got it in without even a flinch from her, which didn't shock me, she was more than used to this.

I closed it off to where nothing would hook to it until surgery.

I made sure it was securely down before looking to the tv, wondering how much longer the movie would last, because we needed to start talking to her.

"It's almost over" Luke spoke, as if reading my mind.

So Calum and I sat, finishing the animated movie with them.

As soon as it was completely over, Aaliyah looked to her arm before directing her attention to me.

"Ready?" I asked her, seeing her exhale

"Yeah" She barely spoke.

"Any questions?" Calum asked.

"Who all is going to be in there?" She asked me slowly.

"One of my interns, me and Calum, an anesthesiologist, about five nurses, and that should be it" I spoke to her.

She slowly nodded.

"I'll have stitches?" She questioned.

"About four of them" I nodded slowly.

"There's no possibility I'm going to die, right?" She asked.

Every doctor's least favorite question.

"Every surgery has risks-" "just say no, please" She almost begged me.

I legally couldn't tell her that she wasn't going to die.

"You're not going to die" Luke spoke for me, making me nod to him, making her lay her head on his shoulder.

"What can we do for you before we leave?" I asked, grabbing her hand gently, feeling her hold my hand back as I held it.

"Nothing" She exhaled, her eyes meeting my own as I nodded lightly.

"Okay, well my intern will be in here soon, the guys will stay with you until you want them to leave, that okay?" I asked her, seeing her immediately nod.

"Okay, I will see you in about fifteen minutes" I spoke, pulling her into a involuntary hug, feeling her hug me back before doing the same with Calum before him and I left together, sighing lightly.

Aaliyah.

Michael sat directly in front of me as Luke sat beside me, both of them letting me sit in silence, taking a few moments to think myself through all of this.

"You're going to be okay" Luke spoke, his hands gently rubbing my shoulders

"I know"