11

As I sat in bed, Luke beside me on his phone, I did my homework, ignoring the dull ache in my back that was coming back slowly.

"Aaliyah" Ashton entered quickly.

"Your sister is about to shave her head- she wants you there"

No more needed to be said.

Luke helped me stand- making the pain break out even more- but I ignored it.

He slowly brought me to what looked like a barber shop, and I was seated beside my dad, behind my big sister who was crying hysterically into my mom.

Ashton stood behind her, rubbing her shoulders gently, making my dad stand, moving to also comfort her.

I watched the four of them, I watched how much even Ashton fitted into the family

Something I was never able to do.

"You'll be beautiful even without your hair baby" my dad whispered, kissing her head gently.

After maybe ten minutes- she finally let them do it.

The hairstylist did it quick and easy- never stopped, keeping her from seeing herself until it was all gone.

As soon as she turned her to the mirror- Tracey broke out into loud sobs.

This made my dad instantly walk to me

"Donate your hair" He spat out.

"W-what" my voice cracked.

"Look at your sister- she's heartbroken, donate your hair so we can make her a wig" he almost panicked.

"Dad- it'll take months for the wig to be made-" he grabbed my arm, pulling me to my feet- his grip didn't hurt- but my back surely did.

"Slow- slow- move slow" I panicked, my hand moving to my back, tears instantly pricking my eyes at the feeling.

"She wants to donate her hair to her sister" my dad spoke, letting go of me- making me almost fall into the chair, the pain more than noticeable at this point.

"That's so sweet of you" my mom spoke quickly as a tear fell from my eye

"Wait" Ashton's voice spoke as my dad's hand hit my shoulder, pushing me into the back of the chair.

"Stop, no one should even touch her besides medical authority for the next several days- she's considered almost critical recovery right now" he spoke, stepping in front of me.

"First off- the way you man handled her to sit here is unacceptable- and I will be looking into this. Secondly, I never once heard her say she was willing to donate hair, and third, we don't even accept hair donors like this- it takes months for wigs to be made and we have plenty in the room just two doors down the hall, I recommend going there." Ashton declared firmly, making me gently grab the back of his scrubs, feeling his hand grab my own.

"It would mean more to Tracey- this coming from her sister" my mom interjected.

"I'm not letting you shave Aaliyah's head unless it's something she is begging to do." Ashton declared.

"Since when do you have a say in what I do with my daughters-" "dad, it's fine- I don't want Aaliyah to be bald anyway, leave her be" I heard Tracey speak, and I looked to her, us making eye contact.

Just as my dad gave up, taking her hand to help her stand, heading to the wig store

Tracey sent me a wink

"If only she felt that way when it came to my organs"