Chapter 13

Alexa Pov

It's been a couple of months now since I was shot and Callen proposed. The recovery went well, my shooter was arrested and put into jail. When I returned to work everything was smooth sailing, nothing big has happened, well besides the fact that Hetty retired a bit after I returned. Callens has been acting pretty weird cause of that, maybe something else too but I haven't quite figured that out yet. Deeks and Kensi are also engaged. Honestly, I kinda dread coming to work because of EAD Mosley, shes Hetty's replacement. I didn't like her the day I saw her face.

I don't know if it's the fact that I'm Callen's fiance or because I'm a Deeks but shes always on Deeks and I all the freakin time. She gives him shit about Kensi and then just in general, she tried to send me back to CSI back in Miami and him back to LAPD. So there's a little back story considering we are in a shoot out at the moment.

We are in a shoot out with members of a cartel that we are investigating. Deeks and I were separated from the rest of the team. We look at each other and Deeks cues us to fire, "Go!"

We reveal ourselves and fire back. I could tell that I was getting low on rounds so I went back behind the wall, taking out my handgun. "Guys, we could use some backup!"

I start firing with my handgun and see a wall we could move to. I look at Deeks and say, "Moving."

We get behind the wall and see Callen's CI with his intestines cut open. After a while, we kill all of the guys shooting at us. Kensi and Callen come out front and we see a guy trying to run from gunshots. We all aim and fire at him.

"Clear!" Callen shouts

A guy on the ground starts to move and Deeks warns, "You keep moving and you're dead. Put your hands behind your head, nice and slow."

Deeks cuffs him and I say, "Clear."

"Sam, talk to me," Callen says worried

"I'm hit," Sam says through coms

"Coming to you," Callen says leaving

"Eric, we need an ambulance," I say

While Sam was taken to the hospital we took the guy, Miguel, back to the boat shed. Callen was currently questioning him.

"Anything from the hospital?" Deeks asks Kensi

She shakes her head and says, "Nothing yet. They must still be working on him."

"It was bad," I said looking down

"Yeah, I know. He's gonna be okay though." Kensi says

"Okay." Me and Deeks say

A bit later Mosley walks in...lovely. 

"I'm here, what is it?" She asks and after she asks that Miguel gives Callen a name that we recognize

"Spencer Williams?" Deeks says

"Callen said that's the arms dealer from the case you were working with ATF?" I said and she gives me a look like she didn't know that I knew, "That was his name, right? The one that got away?"

She turns around and exhales, "That's his name." she then charges into the interrogation room and she gets aggressive with him

"Wow, okay, care to explain?" Kensi asks Callen

"Spencer Williams got away, things got personal." Callen vaguely says

"Yeah, clearly very personal." She says

Callen's phone buzzes and he says, "Sam's good. They got the bullet out. He's recovering. Refused anesthesia."

"Of course he did. That is great news." Kensi says