Chapter 15. Bitter-Sweet Memories

I lost my way all the way to you and in you I found all the way back to me.

~Atticus

Daniel's POV

I stared at the closed door through which Ariana just left.

What the hell just happened?

My heart was pounding in my chest. In that moment when our eyes met, I don't know what the heck was wrong with me but I wanted to kiss her. Thank God, I looked away before something forbidden could occur between us.

Even though Ariana is married to me and is my wife. That doesnt change the fact that Ariana's someone else's mate. No matter what happens between us or how we feel, at the end of the day she has to return to her mate. And until she's under my wing, I can't take advantage of her.

I felt a strange gush of sadness wash over me at the possibility of her leaving me. I raked my hands through my hair pulling at them in frustration.

Damn! What the hell is wrong with me?! Why am I so bothered with Ariana leaving me when Anthony hasn't even accepted the truce?

Whatever. I should just get over this weird feeling before it's too late.

I took a glance of the piano. With slow and steady steps, I approached the grand piano. My fingers skimmed over the piano tiles ever so slightly as bitter-sweet memories rushed through my brain filling my train of thoughts with the same music I have despised so much since she left me.

♧♧♧

♬♪♬♪♬♪

A smile tugged on to Daniel's lips as he stared at the woman who he loved so dearly. Kiana, His beautiful mate. Daniel stood next to the door staring at her as she played the piano filling the room with the beautiful music that it created.

Her long black hair cascaded down in waves as her bright grey eyes flickered from the music notes to the piano keyboard. Her slender yet firm fingers played the piano keys with efficiency missing out on the fact that she had just learned to play.

The moment Kiana stopped playing, the sound of hands clapping resounded in the room.

"If I didn't know better, I would have thought you're a professional pianist," Daniel's footsteps tapping against the wooden floor were heard as Kiana looked up from the piano.

"What should I say, Duncan is a pro. He thought a hopeless person like me to play the piano so well. He's amazing," Her lips curled into smile as her mate leant down to peck her cheeks.

"You both seem quite close these days. Have you changed party already? Don't you love me anymore? I'm hurt," Daniel joked, his voice laced with sarcasm as he placed a hand on his heart feigning to be hurt.

A smile etched on Kiana's face as she held his face with her hands, "How can I give up on my handsome mate when the other man is not even close to you? How can I ever leave you? I love you so much."

"Is that so? I don't believe you," Daniel's smile grew wider as he teased her to see a frown settle between her brows.

Kiana's hand moved from his face to wrap around his neck, "What should I do to make you believe me?"