Chapter 24. Why did you do that?

Daniel's POV

The feel of my lips on Ariana's soft and delectable ones was simply amazing. I pulled the pins out that held her hair up letting her silky chestnut hair tumble down her back in thick locks as I entangled my hand in them.

Her hands clutched my suit jacket as I gently bit on her bottom lip via my extended fangs to draw a sparse amount of her sweet blood before I licked the spot to soothe it.

I just can't hold myself back. Ari tastes so damn good and her blood is just too damn addictive. I kissed her for a bit more until I felt her breathing turn shallow.

When I pulled away, she slumped against my chest breathing heavily through her mouth and her legs quivering due to the overwhelming sensations. I made sure to hold her tight, securing my arms around her waist.

Once she was fine, she tried to back away and I let her have her space.

We stared at each other in an odd way, as if it was a silent conversation until I realised what I've done. I found a huge grin making it's way on my lips. I finally kissed her!

"W-Why did you do that?" Ari asked in a hoarse voice avoiding eye contact, a blush creeping up her neck to her cheeks. She looks so lovely like this.

Why I kissed her?

Back then, when Ariana said that she had to eventually leave me, I felt a strange tug at my heart at the thought of losing her and to add fuel to that, she mentioned the wrecked Alpha who was holding her hand earlier. I was so annoyed at myself on the realisation that it was me who had set the damn condition that she would return to him after he accepts the truce. When I held her face, all I wanted to do was keep her to myself and kiss her.

And so I did. My insticts took over me declining any sense of reasoning. I loved the way her small body fit in my hands. The way our lips molded perfectly against each other. The way she relented as I played with her hair and held her tighter and tighter. When we broke away, I wanted nothing more than to pull her back and kiss her again. But I didn't. She was already flustered enough and I didn't wanted to scare her.

Now, how am I supposed to explain all of this in short?

Before I could say anything, an angry voice interrupted,

"Danny!"

Reluctantly, I looked away from Ariana to find a fuming Kiana making her way towards us alongside Anthony who had a smirk on his face.

When did she arrive? And what the heck is Anthony doing here?

"How can you?! You both can't go around kissing each other! And Ariana, how can you be unfaithful to your mate?! Don't you know, you're with Daniel just because of the truce! You are Anthony's m-" Kiana burst out in anger at Ariana but I cut her off.

"Enough! She didn't do anything wrong. I kissed her. So don't drag Ari into this. And who are you to blame her of being unfaithful when you did the same thing, Kiana?" My tone was accusatory when directed towards Kiana. I grabbed Ariana's hand walking past the both of them.

I don't want to waste my time on them. Ariana is oddly silent ever since I kissed her. Except that one question, she haven't said anything which scares me a bit. Will she hate me after what I did?

I intended on walking out of here and talking this out with Ari but Anthony's next words made me stop on my tracks,

"Ari, huh? You do realise that she's my mate, right Daniel? You can keep her for now but by the end of this week, she'll be mine. And then it'll be me who would touch her, kiss her and fuck-"