Chapter 37. Letting off the Hook

A/N: I didn't proof-read the chapter so sorry in advance for the innumerous errors in typos.

Ariana's POV

A frown settles between the brows of the women who is currently trying to groom me up to perfection--for the ceremony I don't even want to be the part of--as she sees my lack of co-operation.

"Miss, you're supposed to wear the dress. Alpha will not be happy if you're late for the ceremony." The women who's assigned to dress me up, urges me to wear the ridiculous red dress as she practically shoves it into my hands.

"I'm not wearing it," I blatantly refute to wear the dress, shoving it back into her arms--just the way she did. "Isn't it enough that I agreed to get ready? Why isn't my dress fine for the ceremony? It is also a party wear, then what's the problem with this one?" I gesture towards my black sparkly full-length gown, which covers each inch of my body, not revealing even a bit of my skin, due to it's full-length sleeves and upto-toes height. Honestly speaking, the dress looked more like a goth dress one wears for a funeral but I'm much more content wearing this than the one the women is forcing me to wear.

Don't get me wrong. I'm usually not rude to others and the red body-fitting gown is pretty beautiful. The thing is, it's backless with a thin strap to hold the dress, very tight-fitting, might as well reveal my body-shape perfectly, but it's just that it's quite revealing. Atleast, for me since I've never worn something like this. I usually wear non-skin-revealing dresses that make me look elegant and demure. This one's elegant, but it will make me look more like....sexy or hot? Which is very weird to imagine myself as. Besides, I don't want to look anything as such in front of Anthony, who, to be precise, is a pervert.

"Miss, please. Try to understand. It's the Alpha's order. I'll be in trouble if I don't take you down in this dress." She motioned towards the red dress, looking troubled.

I sigh in defeat. Poor women. Got caught in the feud. I don't want to cause her trouble. Let's wear it even if I don't feel like wearing it. The point is, I want nothing than to run away from here, away from the ceremony, which for your kind information, I can't since Anthony had doubled the security around the packhouse ever since I followed him to the graveyard.

"Fine, I'll wear it." I took the dress from the lady as she looked at me as if I was her life saviour.

****

Minutes later, I'm descending down the stairs to enter the ballroom where the ceremony is about to take place, completely dolled up--my hair let down in soft waves, my face caked with makeup- smokey eye with gold sparkles near my brows and red lipstick on my lips which was the same colour as my dress, killer heels stilettos torturing my poor feet.

The moment I got down the last stair and stepped my foot on the ballroom's tiled floor, I spotted Anthony standing next to an elderly man who was trying to make a conversation with him but his eyes were fixated on me.

I glared at him as I saw a lop-sided grin make its way on his face, probably because of seeing me wearing the dress 'he' bought--note the sarcasm please. I looked away from his annoying face, intending to walk over to anywhere but near him. Although the next moment, he was already making his way towards me, completely ignoring the man beside him.

"Where do you think you're going, mate?" Anthony hooks his arms with mine while I protest by trying to free my arm out of his but that protest dies down the next second,

"Stop making a scene, Ariana. Or else I'll give them a scene worth watching. A scene which involves Daniel and him being a hybrid," he whispers into my ear making me freeze on the spot.