Chapter 30. "I know better than you."

Daniel's POV

"Goodbye, Daniel."

I stared at Ari without a word and before I could respond to her or say anything, the courtroom's entry door handle rattled beneath my hold. The door soon slid open as I let go of the handle and the man I loathed the most in this world appeared into my sight of vision.

"Here you are, your highness! I was worried what took you so long so I came to check myself," the wrecked Alpha feigned worry certainly because the courtiers could hear him although they can't see him from his back facing them and they can't clearly see the annoying smirk etched on Anthony's face like I could see.

I gave him a cold glare before turning to look at Ari and then back at him. I just don't want to let her go with this wrecked man but I can't fucking do anything! I swear, I've never felt so dissapointed of myself ever before.

"By beautiful mate! There you are! I missed you so much!" Anthony feigned enthusiasm as he stepped forward to hug Ari.

I clenched my fists at my sides and I felt that I would explode any moment due to the amount of rage that was bubbling inside me.

Why?! Just why him out of all people?! Why isn't it me who you love Ari? Am I that worthless of anyone's love?

First Kiana left me for Duncan and now Ari is leaving me for this annoying piece of- never mind. But atleast with Duncan, I was sure that he loved Kiana a lot and sometimes I actually thought Kiana wasn't worth of his love since she didn't seem to have the same level of love Duncan had for her. But with Anthony, I'm damn hell sure that he just doesn't care about Ari more or less he's content with sleeping around with different women. He's a jerk who's playing with Ari's feelings and that fact itself is pissing me off.

I pulled Ari out of Anthony's embrace by grabbing her wrist and tugging her towards me out of the wrecked alpha's hold. The courtiers who were secretly watching us seemed stunned but who cares what they think. I just want to advice the living nuisance to stay the heck away from Ari but as I was about to speak, I heard Ariel's voice warning me.

"Danny, don't. You don't want to put Ariana in danger." Ariel said me through our royal hearing link so that no one else could hear her.

No matter how bad I wanted to smash the jerk's face, I couldn't risk Ari's safety. So with much needed tolerance, I spoke in a calm yet stern tone,

"Anthony, since Ariana is here, why don't we finish with the agreement first? You see I'm a busy person, I don't have all the time in the world and I have other matters to take care of. So if you don't mind, you can shower your mate with-" --my gazes shifted to Ariana who stood beside me staring at my face with her pretty big turquoise eyes. Gosh, I can't say him to shower her with love when that is exactly what I want to do. I want to hug her, kiss her and love her. I can't say him to do the same though....I looked back at Anthony before I would do something I would regret later, "-whatever you want later on."

"As you say, you're highness. Let's get in, Ariana," Anthony's smirk grew wider as I glared at him when he extended his hand forward and released Ariana's hand from mine to hold her hand himself.

I so badly wanted to hit something. Something like the wrecked Alpha's face. Nevertheless, I didn't say or do anything due to the stupid courtiers desperate eyes trained on me and Ari. I moved aside to let Anthony and Ari in before I made my way inside the courtroom.

I took my seat on the throne beside Ariel's while Anthony stood ahead of us with Ariana beside him. The more I saw them together, the more it infuriated me so I simply focused my attention solely on Ari.

Ari's eyes met mine but she immediately averted them to stare at the tiled floor as if it's the most interesting thing on the planet. I smiled inwardly. She's so funny and cute sometimes. But I won't be able to look at her funny tactics anymore. That bought a fresh pang of pain in my heart bringing my attention back on the main topic.