Chapter 1: Day-to-Day Life

All right, let's do this one last time.

My name is Peter Parker.

I was bitten by a radioactive spider. And for 10 years...I've been the one and only Spider-Man. I'm pretty sure you know the rest.

With great power comes great responsibility. Yeah, yeah, they know, Pete.

Aaaannnddd this is (y/n), my wife's cousin who we've adopted, after he parents were killed by Green Goblin. Say hello (y/n)

Hello (y/n)! 

Okay nobody likes a smart-alleck!

Hey, that's your whole schtick! I've just learned from the best! Also, way to go to bring up a traumatic memory.

Well, how else is everyone gonna know how you came into my life?

True...true. But still! Warn a girl!

Anyway....I saved a bunch of people, fell in love, saved the city. And then I saved the city again. And again and again and again.

You've also trained me!

Yeah, only because you found out about my secret and begged me.

Not my fault I was hungry then went into the kitchen and you crawled in through the kitchen window in your Spider-Man get-up.

Yeah, whatever. And I did, uh... I did this.

You mean you dancing in the street like a dork?

Yeah....We don't really talk about this.

Dang, where did you learn those moves, Pete? Ha! Eat your heart out, Michael Jackson!

Can we move on now, please?! Look, I'm a comic book. I'm a cereal. Did a Christmas album. I have an excellent theme song.

Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider can! Spins a web, any size. Catches thieves- just like flies. Look out! Here comes the Spiderman.

See what I mean?

You've also got a so-so popsicle.

I mean, I've looked worse.

Debatable.

But after everything...I still love being Spider-Man. I mean, who wouldn't? So no matter how many hits I take....I always find a way to come back. Because the only thing standing between this city and oblivion is me.

There's only one Spider-Man.

And you're lookin' at him. 

Needless to say, I keep her in check

She was all bad-bad, nevertheless (yeah)

Callin' it quits now, baby, I'm a wreck (wreck)

Crash at my place, baby, you're a wreck (wreck)

Needless to say, I'm keeping her in check

She was all bad-bad, nevertheless

Callin' it quits now, baby, I'm a wreck

Crash at my place, baby, you're a wreck

I sing along to the song, my earbuds in my ears, as I bob my head with the beat. "Thinkin' in a bad way, losin' your grip. Screamin' at my face, baby, don't trip. Someone took a big L, don't know how that felt. Lookin' at you sideways, party on tilt." I sing as I pack my stuff for school.