Chapter 6: What's Up, Danger?

As Miles makes it back to his dorm, he takes off his mask then takes some heavy deep breathed before he knocks down his stuff off of his desk and started to throw them around the room. He looks down and noticed his artwork book was displayed open on the floor, he picks it up and throws it out the window.

He walks away from the window when he heard the book coming back. He turns around and catch it just as Parker, Gwen, Noir and Ham come in through the window. They walk up to him as he wipes away the tears. "Hey, bud. You okay?" Parker asked him. Miles let's out a sigh and gives a slight shake of his head.

"Is she okay?" Miles asked Parker. Parker nods and Miles let's out another breath, this time of relief. He was scared that something terrible happened to you, he didn't want you hurt or worse that's the last thing he wants.

"We've all been there. You know, for me, it was my Uncle Ben and my little sister." Parker said as he places his hand on his shoulder, Miles looks up at him, then Noir places his hand on Miles' other shoulder. "For me, it was my Uncle Benjamin." He said. "For me, it was my father." Peni said. "For me, it was my best friend." Gwen said as Ham sniffles. "Miles, the hardest thing about this job is you can't always save everybody." Spider-Ham said.

"Look, it was my fault. You wouldn't understand." Miles mutters. "Miles, we're probably the only ones who do understand." Gwen said then they heard someone putting a key in the keyhole. "Oh, no." Miles mutters and all of the spider people jump up into the ceiling as Miles' roommate comes in, westing headphones.

The roommate sits on a chair picks up a drink started to push his chair in one direction. "That way, that way." Parker instructs and they move away from the kid's eyes. Then he moves back over. "Other way, other way, other way, other way." Parker said as the kid picks up a comic, spins his chair around and looks at his comic. Then he looks up and sees them.

"Hey there." Miles said.

"Do animals talk in this dimension? 'Cause I don't wanna freak him out." Ham asked and the roommate faints and falls off of his chair. 

Miles tucks the kid in and turns around to see Noir and Ham were gone and Gwen was sitting on the windowsill and Parker was leaned up against the desk. "What's going on?" Miles asked, curiously. "Bye, Miles." Gwen said and he gives her a confused look. She looks down then leaves as Miles looks back at Parker.

"Miles, I came to say goodbye." Parker said. "We can say goodbye at the collider." Miles said. "You're not getting it. You're staying here." Parker said as he stands up. "I need to be there. So you can all go home." Miles said as he grabs the USB. "They are going home, Miles. I'm the only one stayin'." Parker said and Miles turns to him, sharply. "You're taking mine and (y/n)'s place? If you stay here, you'll die" Miles said. "I'm doing what needs to be done. I just wanted you to hear it from me." Parker said.

"What about MJ?" Miles asked him. "Not everything works out, kid." Parker said as he looks down at the ground sadly. Miles' eyes widen a bit as Parker holds his hand out to him. "I need the goober." He said but Miles steps back. "Please don't make me take it from you." He said.

"That's not fair! You gotta tell them I can do this. That (y/n) can do this, once she wakes up. Both of us can do this." Miles argues. "It wasn't their decision." Parker said and Miles huff's at this. "(Y/n) and I gotta make Kingpin pay! You have to let us make him pay!" Miles argues. "Miles, you're gonna get yourself and (y/n) killed." Parker said. "But I'm ready. I promise!" Miles said then Parker gets down, does a leg swipe under Miles' feet.

Miles let's out a yelp of surprise as he floats up in the air and Parker gets up to the ceiling and grabs Miles' costume before he fell on the floor. "Then venom-strike me right now. Or turn invisible on command so you can get past me." Parker said and Miles tries and struggles but nothing happens.