Chapter 4: Doc Ock

"I'm not swinging to the Hudson Valley, kids. Not after a hearty burger breakfast. Keep your legs fresh. You're gonna thank me later." Parker said as we ride the bus to the lab. After getting off of the bus, we run into the woods and start to suit up.

Once we put our suits on, Parker looks over at Miles and noticed a yellow cape on his back. "And it's a no on the cape." He said. "I think it's cool." Miles replied then he looks over at me. "Don't you think it looks cool, (y/n)?" He asked me. "Mmm...It's different, I'll give you that." I replied but Parker snatches the cape off of him. "Take that off. It's disrespectful. Spider-Man doesn't wear a cape." He said. "Spider-Man also doesn't wear sweatpants." I said as I point out the pants Parker was wearing. "Hey, it's all I got right now, okay!" Parker said and I fold my arms across my chest. "Yeah, sure, whatever." I muttered.

"So how do we retrace Peter's steps?" Miles asked Parker as we hide behind a large boulder on the hill in front of the lab. "That's a good question." Parker said and he kneels down while Miles and I kneel down next to him. "What would I do if I were me?" He asked as he gets into the thinking position, Miles and I copy him as we watch. "Got it. Step One: I infiltrate the lab. Two: Find the head scientist's computer." He said.

"That lady with the bike is the head scientist. We saw her in this documentary at school." Miles said. "Cool! Step Three: I reexamine my personal biases. Step Four: I hack the computer." He said. "It's not technically hacking." I corrected. "Not now. Hold on, I just lost my train of thought. Step Five: Download the important stuff. I'll know it when I see it. Step Six: I grab a bagel from the cafeteria and run." He said then he goes to stand up and stretch his legs against a tree.

"So, what are we doing?" Miles asked as he gestures between me and him. "Step Seven: You two stay here. Both of you are lookouts. Very important." Parker said as he stretches out the rest of his body. "Look, man. You gotta teach us how to do Spider-Man stuff or we won't be able to help." I said. "Watch and learn, kids! I'll quiz ya later!" Parker said as he web swings away from us and towards the lab.

"Why did we get stuck with the janky, old, broke hobo Spider-Man?!" Miles asked and I shrugged as Miles elbows the boulder, putting a crack in the boulder. "Whoa!" I said, shocked. "That's new." Miles said then we heard a truck driving up. We look up and saw Kingpin exit out of the truck and head into the lab. "Kingpin." Miles and I gasped then we ducked down. Both of us look at each other for a moment before we nodded and sneak around to the lab.

"What are we doing? What are we doing? What are we doing? What are we doing?" I muttered to myself as we sneak up to the roof. Miles found a door and opens it. "Ladies first!" He whispers to me. "Ahhh! So sweet." I said and I jump down in a vent. Miles jumps down and lands, roughly, in the vents. Through the grates, I see Kingpin walking underneath the vents but stops when Miles landed.

I push him back and moved away from the grates, so that Kingpin couldn't see us. Finally, he moves and I let out a sigh of relief. Then I look over to Miles and realized we were real close to each other. "Uh, sorry." Both of us said at the same time but I felt my face burn up and turn red before we start to crawl our way through the vent

"Peter! Peter! Peter!" Miles whisper calls as we crawl through the vent until we meet up with him. "Peter!" We said. "What are you two doing here?" Parker asked us as he turns his head to us. "Kingpin's here. Just move over." I said as Miles and I start to squeeze through. "You're steppin' on my foot. Go back outside." Parker said. "No! We can't sit there and let Spider-Man die without doing anything about it." I said to him. "Yeah, we're not doing that again." Miles said and Parker looks at us, his eyes widen. "What?" We asked. "Most people I meet in the workplace try to kill me, so you two are a nice change of pace." He replied then we heard a voice.