💫THIRTY-FOUR💫

As the battle intensifies, Hulk drops Natasha off onto the safety of the Helicarrier and then jumps onto the jet Ultron is on.

"Oh, for god's sake!" Ultron yells out in frustration.
Hulk knocks Ultron out of the jet and he crashes inside a train; at the same time Clint delivers the young boy safely to his sister onto the lifeboat.
"It's been a long day." Clint says as he and Pietro sit on the floor of the Helicarrier.
"Indeed."

"Wanda, if you stay here, you'll die." Ultron said to Wanda.

"Yeah I don't think so." Wanda smirks as she uses her power to rip Ultron's core out of his body.

Suddenly Tony fires a powerful blast to the core underneath the floating city.

"Thor, on my mark." Tony commands the Asguardian. Thor brings on a blast of lightning, at the same time Vision flies in, picks up Wanda and flies off with as the city is being destroyed.
"Now!" Tony yells and Thor uses his hammer to hit the Vibranium core in the church, destroying the core and the floating city.

Natasha calls Hulk as he remains on the jet he knocked Ultron out of, "Hey, big guy. We did it, the job's finished. Now I need you to turn this bird around, okay? We can't track you in stealth mode, so help me out. I need you t... " Hulk turns off Nat's camera, then sits as the jet flies off to an unknown destination, at the same time Vision finds Ultron.

"You're afraid." Vision states as he finds Ultron.
"Of you?" Ultron scoffs.

"Of death. You're the last one." Vision says as he shakes his head.

"You were supposed to be the last. Stark asked for a savior, and settled for a slave." Ultron spit at Vision.

"I suppose we're both disappointments." Vision sighs making Ultron chuckle.

"I suppose we are." He agrees.

"Humans are odd. They think order and chaos are somehow opposites, and try to control what won't be. But there is grace in their failings. I think you missed that." Vision speaks his mind to Ultron.

"They're doomed." Ultron shook his head with distaste.

"Yes. But a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts. It's a privilege to be among them." Vision softly smiles.

"You're unbearably naive." Ultron gags.

"Well, I was born yesterday." as Ultron goes to attack him Vision uses the infinity stone in his head to destroy him.

"Is it over?" Tessa calls out to a tired looking Thor who just smiled at her.

•••

"One of our tech boys flagged this, splashed down in the Banda Sea. Could be the Quinjet. But with Stark's stealth tech, we still can't track the damn thing." Nick Fury is says to Natasha.

"Right." She says with slight disappointment.

"Probably jumped out and swam to Fiji. He'll send a postcard." Nick tried to assure her.

"Wish you were here." You sent me to recruit him, way back when. Did you know then what was going to happen?" Nat continued to talk to Nick.

"You never know. You hope for the best and make do with what you get. I got a great team." Nick smirks at nat who just shrugs slightly.

"Nothing lasts forever."

"Trouble, Miss Romanoff. No matter who wins or loses, trouble still comes around."

"That is true." Tessa speaks up with a nod earning a snort from Natasha.

"The rules have changed." Steve says.
"We're dealing with something new." Tony adds.

"Well, the Vision's artificial intelligence."
"Just Vision. How hard is that to say Cap?!" Tessa rolls her eyes playfully.
"A machine." Tony nudges her out fo the way.
"The adults are speaking Tessa."
"Bite me Stark!"

"So it doesn't count." Steve says with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"No. It's not like a person lifting the hammer." Tony continues.

"Right. Different rules for us." Steve shakes his head

"Nice guy, but artificial." Tony shrugs.
"Why are we describing you Tony?" Tessa teases only to be flicked on the head by him.

"Thank you" Steve says.

"If he can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone. It's safe with the Vision and these days, safe is in short supply." Thor speaks with confidence that makes Tessa bubble with happiness.

"But if you put the hammer in an elevator..." Steve asks Thor.

"It would still go up." Tony continues Steve's sentence.

"Elevator's not worthy."
"More like you guys are idiots." Tessa snorts.

"I'm going to miss these little talks of ours." Thor laughs.

"Well, not if you don't leave."
"Not a 'hey Tessa we'll miss you too!' Rude!"

"I have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years. That's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us. But once all these pieces are in position..." Thor takes Tessa's hand.
"Ready?" He smiles fondly at her.
"I'm always up for an adventure." Tessa smiles back.

"Triple Yahtzee?" Tony interrupts Tessa and Thor's bonding.

"You think you can find out what's coming?" Steve questions.

"I do. Besides this one, there's nothing that can't be explained."
With that Tessa and Thor leaves earth burning a circle in the grass where the two were standing on.

"That man has no regard for lawn maintenance. I'm gonna miss him though. And you're gonna miss me. There's gonna be a lot of manful tears." Tony says as he and Steve walk over towards his car.

"I will miss you, Tony." Steve looks into Tony's eyes.

"Yeah? Well, it's time for me to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book and build Pepper a farm, hope nobody blows it up." Tony looks back at Steve.

"The simple life." The blonde super soldier nods.

"You'll get there one day." Tony smiles.

"I don't know, family, stability. The guy who wanted all that went in the ice seventy-five years ago. I think someone else came out" Steve shrugs.

Tony turns to get into his car.
"You alright?"

"I'm home." Steve and Tony says goodbye.

•••

Steve finds Natasha standing alone. "You want to keep staring at the wall, or do you want to go to work? I mean, it's a pretty interesting wall."

"Thought you and Tony were still gazing into each other's eyes. How do we look?"

"Well, we're not the '27 Yankees." Steve ignores Nat's comment about Tong and hands her a tablet.

"We've got some hitters." She says as she reads.
"They're good. They're not a team." Steve says.

"Let's beat 'em into shape." Natasha smirks.
The two of them gather Rhodes in his War Machine suit, Sam in his Falcon suit, Wanda and Pietro in new suits, and Vision.

"Avengers...!"

End of Avengers:
Age of Ultron

Tessa will return in
'FORCE OF NATURE'
(Thor Ragnorak)