nine

《CHAPTER NINE》

THAT NIGHT, CARTER slept in the same room as Lila

THAT NIGHT, CARTER slept in the same room as Lila. The two girls fell asleep quickly. She had been offered fresh clothes for the next day, but realising how dirty hers were, Carter quickly changed into them right before going to sleep. Not being much bigger than Lila, they were a nice fit. They were a big difference from what she used to wear in the lab, but these were much more comfortable.

She was awoken the next morning by the voices of Steve and Nat.

Carter quietly tiptoed out of Lila's room and made her way towards the door of the room that the adults were in. They were all dressed, seemingly ready to go somewhere, despite the fact that it was still dark outside.

They were all gathered in the living room. The man who had arrived last night was also there.

"-- if you're sure."

She couldn't tell who the voice belonged to. She only heard the last of his sentence as she reached the wall that she intended to hide behind.

"Of course. She gets on well with Lila and I'm sure having someone near her age will be good for her."

Silence.

"I still feel bad just leaving her here."

Carter peeked around the door to see Steve talking.

"It's a lot more dangerous to bring her. Especially for us. We don't have time to babysit." Said Nat.

Carter could put the pieces together. They planned on leaving her here. No. Wherever they were going, she was going.

She made her portal to take her out to the ship that lay outside the house.

She hid in one of the corners, which also housed quite a few boxes, which allowed her to be obscured from everyone else's view. The avengers soon got there, talking as they entered the ship.

She waited until they were well away from the ground before she made herself known.

Her eyes set on Tony as she peeked from behind her chair. Her portal appeared under her, then she was right in front of the man.

"Hello."

"Ahh! Jesus!" He closed his eyes, quickly bringing his hand to his forehead, then his cheek and his chin.

She had unfortunately missed the reactions of the others. Tony stayed like that for a second, before looking at her.

"How long have you been here?"