twelve

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

《CHAPTER TWELVE》

TRAINING WAS HARDER than Carter thought it would be

TRAINING WAS HARDER than Carter thought it would be. At first, they took it rather easy on her. But that didn't last long. She took turns training with different people. Steve and Nat usually helped her on her combat skills, whereas Tony usually helped her with her powers. Tony was hesitant, not wanting her to go into any more fights, but Steve convinced him, saying that it would be better for her to take control of her powers.

She even began to slightly open up to them a bit more about the lab. She still couldn't go into full detail, as the memories were too vivid and she still sometimes got episodes, but she was trying her best.

From what she had told them, the Avengers gathered that she was taken when she was three, brought to a lab in an unknown location, and was experimented on.

~\☆/~

Carter was working on portals. The first time she was practising with them in the avengers facility, she was brought to a white room to start. However, after having a meltdown, they moved her to another room. It wasn't all one colour, but there was a different shade on the roof to the floor, the tiles had little squares of different colours in between them and many works of art decorated the room. All of the colours had a calming effect on her, unlike the white which caused her anxiety.

Trying to make her stair-like portals was harder when she was not in battle. She was still able to do it, but jumping was proving to be more difficult.

"I think you're just holding back," Said Tony.

Carter stood above him on a portal, but looked down at him when he spoke. "Why would I be holding back?"

"Maybe you're scared of falling? I don't know, you tell me."

"I'm not scared of fa--"