Chapter 12

Vincent's P.O.V

The moment that I told Rose to marry me, she looked at me as if I had grown two heads, and for that, I can't blame her.

Anyone at her place right now had probably slapped me already, but she didn't, which I'm actually grateful for.

"What did you just say?" She questioned, looking slightly pale as she has just seen a ghost.

Shit, I knew this was a terrible idea, but that stupid Alex kept saying last night that this plan will work...

"You heard me, love, unless you have a hearing problem" I replied cockily, feeling so terrible for talking to her like a douche bag, but I have got no choice. I got to act tough.

"But why me?? There's a lot of girls out there who would die to marry you. Why do you want me?" She questioned once again, looking completely confused and flabbergasted.

I know there's a lot of girls but it's you, who can wrap me around that little finger of yours, without even knowing it, it's only you who can make me feel things I never experienced before. I thought to myself, wishing that I could tell her how much she got control over me, but sadly, I can't do that. It's not the right time yet.

"Listen, I got no choice, my father wants me to settle down and get married or else, he'll strip me out of all my inheritance, and I can't just let all of that to happen," I responded lying through my teeth. I'm sure going to hell.

As she drank my words in, she stared at me absently, probably thinking whether or not to trust me.

Mario said earlier that there's a prime chance that she may agree as she can't say no to anyone, especially if they are in need, and just like a monster I am, I'm taking advantage of her greatness. But I'm doing it for her betterment and but I promise that when the time comes if she decides to stay in the end, I would explain everything to her but only if she gives me a chance to do so.

"Listen Venessa, you can divorce me after a year or so, and besides I'll give you anything," I told her, crossing my finger under the table as I wait impatiently for her answer, with my palms sweating like crazy.

I'm not sure whether I could ever give her a divorce but there's one thing for sure, I'm ready to put the world at her feet but after hearing her reply, she proved that she's not those type of girls that would take advantage of my wealth, which made me really proud of her and made me adore her even more.

Later on, when I asked for her last decision just to be sure, "Um, but we don't even know each other." She suddenly spoke out, but little did my little rose know, I know her more than anyone else.

From her favorite food to her favorite color, I know it, as that's how obsessed I am for her.

She may not know enough about me, well except for what she hears from the others and the rumors, but I'm sure that it would not take long for her to know me inside and out.

I'm really a private person, I don't want anyone to get to know about my life whether it is work-life or personal since I always like to keep it private but for her, only for her, I'm willing to let her see the person who only my two best friends and my family know. That's how I'm trying to let our relationship work, even though I know well enough that it takes two to make a relationship work and I'm willing to pull all the weight.

But the point is, will she let me in and let me break down her walls?

Until then...