Chapter 39

Venessa's POV.

Driving back home, my little brain still couldn't register what was happening. Everything's happening too fast. First I met up with Andrew, got myself kidnapped and beaten up and now I'm being dropped off to my home, which is really considerate of them. They could have left me all alone on the streets in the dark but they didn't.

Too caught up with my own thoughts, I didn't realise that Andrew was talking to me until he placed his hand on top of mine making me quickly pull my hand away, making him chuckle.

" would be careful if I were you, Venessa" he laughed but I paid no heed to him.

"But anyways, feel free to come to me though, if Vincent gets tired of you". He added making my head snap towards his direction.

"In your dreams, Andrew. I'd rather die than come to you again. You're the biggest snake, I have ever seen." I spat gripping the papers in my hand so tight.

He laughs tilting his head backwards. "Whatever you say, Venessa. You'll realise really soon that I'm much better than that husband of yours." He muttered. I looked up to him, thinking what he's trying to say but I decided not to say anything.

Reaching the property, Andrew parked away from the gate which I think he's scared that's why. I took off my seatbelt ready to get out but Andrew held me back by my shoulder. "It wasn't meant to go this far, I swear." He mumbled, making me frown. What is he talking about?. I thought to myself, not wanting to ask him.

Not saying anything, I get down and turn to look at the guy whom I once thought was an angel. "Goodbye, Andrew" I whispered but loud enough for him to hear and turn my back not wanting to see his face.

As I walk towards the gate I hear Andrew's car drifting away but I know he'll be back soon to collect the signed papers but I got things to worry about other than that.

How the hell will I get Vincent to sign this damned paper without him knowing anything suspicious?. I ran my hands to my face then suddenly wince when I touched my now swollen cheeks. I won't be surprised if there's bruise, the way both of them slapped me they're bound to leave a mark.

As I reached the gates, the guards looked at my cheek with their eyes wide open. I know what they're thinking but I don't have to explain to them what happened, I just wanna go inside freshen up and sleep.

"Is Vincent home?" I questioned while walking inside which they replied saying yes. Excitement ran inside my body too excited to see Vincent.

After freshening up, I lay in the bed waiting for Vincent even though my eyes are dropping wanting to get some sleep, but I don't want to sleep yet I wanna see Vincent first.

Sighing I get up after deciding I should go to his study to check on him and ask if he had his dinner but not before concealing the finger marks on my face.

Pulling my robe closer to my body I walk towards the direction of his study when I passed a maid who looked at me wide eyes. "Are you okay?" I questioned her while nodding her head. "I think you should go back to bed, miss. It's too late already." She says fidgeting with her fingers, looking afraid but afraid of what?.

"Thank you for your concern but I wanna see Vincent first." I replied which made her face paler. Strange. Why is she behaving this way and why do I think she's stopping me from meeting Vincent?.

After dismissing the maid, I continue my journey to Vincent's office. As I was about to open the door to his study, I could hear faint sound but I'm not sure. Pulling the door open, I can't help but gasp for air as I feel like my heart is not functioning well. I place my hand to my mouth not wanting to make any sound as I fight the tears from falling.

There sat Vincent in front of his desk making out with a girl in his lap. They are so caught up with each other that they didn't even notice me. I want to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. I feel like my eyes are deceiving me.

How can he do this to me?, I thought he loves me but why?. Am I not good enough?. Why?

I can't help but let out a sob which made them aware of my presence. Vincent quickly shove the girl away from him and I can't help but look at his opened shirt and his swollen lips. The girl looked down, not wanting me to see her face but I already did.

I turned my back and ran away from both of them. I can hear Vincent calling my name out but I still kept going. It's enough!. I'm tired of being played around but not anymore. I'm tired both physically and emotionally.

Entering our room, I went straight to the closet and took out a bag. I'm gonna leave his shit and come back when he finally knows my value.

Taking clothes out of the wardrobe, I paid no attention to what I'm putting inside, I just want to be out of here. All these days, I keep wondering what the hell he's doing inside his study for hours, and now I get to see what he's up to.

This is just too much!. I got kidnapped and I was waiting for him to come for me but he's too caught up with his mistress that he didn't even notice that I was missing. Leonardo was right but I won't cry for him. I know my worth.

Folding the clothes, I heard him barge inside the closet room and grab my arm trying to stop me but I won't stop. I'll leave you Vincent.

"You're not leaving are you?" He questioned, turning me to look at him but I kept my gaze anywhere but him. I gave him no response. And turn around to continue my packing.

"You're not going anywhere!" He boomed, taking my hand trying to make me look at him. "Are you even listening?, you're not going anywhere" he ordered raising his voice. Just look at the nerve of this guy.

"Yes, I am!" I shouted back, anger bubbling inside me. He looked taken a back upon hearing me shout.

"Please tell me you're not serious." He begged above whisper looking right into my soul and I can't help but stare right back still can't believe that he's still the same Vincent whom I thought loves me unconditionally and who's willing to do everything for me.

What if he doesn't really love me and what if he is cheating on me from the very first?

------

Y'all want to be a part of discord gc? I'm thinking of creating one cause tbh i love interacting with you guys. I love reading all the comments and y'all are mad funny wallahi.

Let me know what you guys think 😘

Until then..