Chapter 48

Venessa's P.O.V

Waking up suddenly in the middle of the night, panting and sweating heavily without no reason. I placed my hand into my chest clutching it trying to calm my beating heart but it didn't work.

Why do I feel so anxious for no reason? I questioned myself, reaching for my phone that was sitting at the top of the bedside table, and read the time that's showing its three in the midnight.

I desperately want to call Vincent to hear his voice, that can instantly soothe me and provide me relief and comfort, but my pride was not letting me.

Sitting straight up, I felt a drop of water on my arm. I looked down at it and realized that I'm crying. But why?

It's really strange that I'm crying for no reason.

Maybe, I should go back to Mario's, I don't feel good. I say while heading towards the bathroom to change.

Are you crazy? It's three in the morning. How exactly do you plan to go back? inner Venessa exclaimed, throwing her up in the air dramatically but I already set my mind.

After changing my clothes, I exited the bathroom and frowned when Tina was already up and was outside the balcony talking to someone on her phone, with her back facing me.

Who is she talking to at this time?  I questioned myself, approaching her and as much I don't want to eavesdrop I can sense that something is wrong. Tina looks tense and once she turns her back, she looks at me with her eyes glistening with tears.

My heart accelerated against my rib cage. Something is definitely wrong, I can feel it.

Upon seeing me, Tina immediately hid her phone behind her back trying to hide it from me which I found so suspicious.

"Whom were you talking to?", I questioned her, going straight to the point when she started to sob uncontrollably sinking down to her knees.

"Tell me, Tina. Who was it?!" I tremble, bending down at her level while shaking her shoulders but she didn't respond and instead sob even harder.

"Please tell me, Tina" I begged her feeling tears run down on my cheeks. Please tell me, everything's alright. Please. I mentally begged.

"I..it's Ma...Mario and Lynda" she sobbed, making my eyes widened.

"Please tell me they're okay," I mumbled but she just looked down.

I stood up heading straight towards the door but she held me back.

"Don't. I was told not to tell you, but I did." She whispered and I looked at her disbelieving. How can she expect me to stay here knowing something wrong happened to them.

"I'm going Tina and you can't stop me" I hissed at her.

"Ok then, I'll go with you" she muttered, taking her coat not even bothering to change.

We decided to walk as Mario's house is just a minute away from her apartment and as we walked through the night, my legs felt like jelly, ready to collapse and my whole body freezing but I felt numb. I just want to see and know what happened and until I haven't seen them with my own eyes, I wouldn't be at peace.

A minute away walk felt like an eternity for me and as soon as their house came into our view, Tina grasped my cold hand tight against her. I noticed that black SUV cars were spread in every corner.

Reaching the front of the building, I saw Vincent along with Alex and Marco, who's too busy conversing with each other with frowns evident in their faces.

As if sensing our presence, Vincent glanced over our direction and looked taken off guard for a moment but he quickly covered it up.

He took big strides over my direction preventing me from getting inside.

"You can't go in, my love" he whispered against my ear grasping my arm lightly but I paid no heed to his words and tried to push him away from me, desperately wanting to see Mario and Lynda and there's one thing for sure, I won't be in ease until I see them.

Vincent tightened his hold on my waist trying to hold me back while I thrash against his strong arms.

"Le...let me go!" I sobbed, pushing him but he barely moved.

"No" he stated, making me face him.

"W..why not?. Ple...please l..let me g..go I want to see Mario, he must b..be waiting for me." I whispered, stammering because of my cries.

Wiping my tears away, Vincent leaned in close whispering, "they're already sleeping, my love."

I looked at him completely confused.

"W..what d..do y.you mean?" I questioned him, making him sigh but he didn't say anything, confirming what I feared the most.

"No, no, no. Please tell me they're fine. Please, Vincent." I muttered placing my hand at his shoulder, while he just stared at me, not finding any words to say.

Confirming my thoughts, I heard a scream full of agony and pain that I didn't realize that came from my very own mouth.

Vincent tried to hold me in place while I fought him, slapping and punching his arms with my tiny fist until I got no energy left from all of my cryings when all of a sudden I felt a prick at my neck making me wince at the slight pain.

I looked up at Vincent with vision blurry due to my tears. "Sleep, my love. I'll be here" he said holding my now limp body as I can feel myself slowly drifting away and no matter how I tried to fight it, I couldn't

Until then...