Chapter 49

Venessa's P.O.V

I opened my eyes and stared right at the ceiling feeling empty and no matter how much I wanted to cry there seemed no tears coming out.

I heard the door creaked open, but I stayed still, despite knowing that I have a visitor.

It's been the same for the past few days, friends coming over to visit me and to see how I'm doing, but not once, they asked me how I'm feeling, which I'm really grateful for.

I felt the bed dipped beside me and someone caressed my hair gently.

"Let's have breakfast, my love," said Vincent sounding so hopeful that maybe today might be different, maybe today I will finally get up from this bed and live life like I used to but he was wrong.

  How can I be just like I was before? When A part of me was again taken away.

I laid still when I felt him touch my face trying to get an answer out of me. "Please, my love." He pleaded, staring at me so intensely.

I forced my body to sit up but I'm too weak to do it, Vincent sensed it and helped me up.

It's been exactly a week since Mario and Lynda were murdered and I still can't believe it, I just can't accept it. After Vincent drugged me that night, he bought me back here in his mansion and I have been here at the exact bed since. I couldn't even attend their funeral as I was too weak to get up from the bed.

"Please talk to me, my love. I can't do this anymore" he muttered, taking my hand into his badly bruised one and caressing it lovingly while I stared ahead of me not turning to look at him even once.

Since that night, I haven't talked to anyone and as well for shedding tears, not a single drop of tears fell from my eyes, I feel numb.

I have been skipping my meals very often making Vincent really concerned and the worst part is that I can't even look at Vincent the same as I used to before.

Exactly two days after that unfortunate incident, I got several calls from an unknown number and when I answered it, it was Andrew who was laughing heartily as if he achieved something he's been wanting for years. I still remember it very clearly how he admitted he and Leonardo are the ones responsible for Mario and Lynda's death just because Vincent didn't sign the papers which I found so hard to believe. How can he be so heartless? They were innocent.

For the very first time, I asked Vincent to give me something, and he denied it! He didn't sign the damned papers, which enraged Leonardo and Andrew.

Not once I took advantage of his wealth, I always used to deny all the expensive things he was giving and when I asked him to give a small portion of his property he didn't and he claims he can give the whole world. I still can't believe that I fell for this guy who cares only none but himself.

He's responsible for their death. He took the only one that was keeping me happy and content in this world.

"Please, say something, mi amore" Vincent pleaded, making me look at him for the very first time after so many days and today I saw how tired he looked. He looked at me smiling, so hopeful.

"I hate you" I whispered, making his eyes widened in surprise, which surprised me too. He looked at me with his eyes glistening with tears. He looked heartbroken but it's nothing compared to what I'm feeling.

"No, you don't. Please tell me you don't mean it. Please amore" he begged, shaking my shoulders desperately.

I stare at him feeling myself break into more tiny pieces.

"That's the problem, Vincent. I can't even bring myself to hate you even if I want to. You captivated me in a way that I can't do anything except loving you despite what you're doing to me, and the more I fight what I'm feeling for you, the more I fall deeper." I muttered with tears falling non stop down to my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, my Love" he apologized, wiping my tears away but I quickly backed away not wanting him to touch me.

"Your sorry won't bring them back, Vincent" I hissed at him while he looked at me questioning.

"What do you me..." he inquired but I held my hand up stopping him.

"Are you blaming me?" He questioned again, looking so confused. I stared at him unable to say anything. Do I really blame him?.

"I'm asking you something, Venessa. Answer me" he boomed, making me jump in surprise.

I looked away instantly regretting what I said. He grabbed my face forcefully making me look at him.

"Answer. Me" he ordered, menacingly while wiping my tears away.

I stayed silent looking straight at his grey eyes watching different emotions dancing. Anger, confusion, sadness, and mostly love.

"If blaming me for their death gives you satisfaction, then be it." He said letting go of my face and headed out of the door, slamming it in process.

And the moment he was out of the door, my shoulders sunk down voluntarily while pulling my knees closer to my chest letting my tears fall freely and my sobs fill the entire room.

How I wish I could take back what I said, but it's already too late. What is said, is said.

Until then...