Chapter five

Major smut warning

- -

Ivar didn't even drift from his intentions to make you forget about the man who tried to violate you. He swept you away from the scene and brought you to his room immediately, having slaves draw you a warm bath. Without a word he left to let you undress and then entered the room once again, helping your sore body into the tub.

He made soft ease with his rough fingers as he washed your hair and softly let you tell him about your life, and he did the same with you. Then he went on to teach you about his Gods, even if he knew you would never abandon your false one.

Still, his gaze never dared to fall onto areas he knew you wouldn't of liked. It pained him to act as if he were some sort of Christian but he knew it would bring you some sort of peace of mind.

As he leaned down from his chair to grab a bucket to pour over the back of your head, your small voice called out to him. "Ivar, what happened the other night to anger you so much?" You ask and he stills as he remembers the night.

He closes his eyes and sits back up, wanting to forget the night but knowing you needed to know what was said, "You had too much Ale, and said some odd things." He mutters, clearly not wanting to tell you it all.

"What did I say?" You question again, and Ivar shakes his head and sighs. You were like an inquisitive child, no answer was good enough for you and Ivar was starting to not enjoy it.

"Nothing important." Ivars voice cuts out roughly and you arch an eyebrow at his sudden tone.

"Ivar, it is important if it caused such disdain towards me. You clearly care if you killed a man for touching me, so please Ivar. Tell me." You snap back as you cross your arms and listen to him pull the bucket from the floor up to his lap. He covers your eyes with his hand and dumps the water over your head, making sure all the soap is out before he sighs.

"You told me you were no longer a child of God, and you kissed me. I knew it wasn't true, how could you care for someone like me?" He practically whispers and you whip around, your chest pressing against the wood of the tub as you reach out for his hands.

"Oh Ivar." You whisper back and he looks down at his feet before he rises with his crutch and goes to leave.

"Ivar!" You rise from the back, not even caring that you were stark naked. He turns around and just stands there, his eyes not even looking at your exposed body.

"Come." You mutter to the man and walk up to him, moving him towards your shared bed. You sit him down and pull his braces off, leaning his crutch against a chair.

You pull his tunic off and toss it behind you, he looks up at you with pleading eyes and you look back down at him with soft ones.

"You do not need to do this." He breathes out and you smile warmly at him, slowly sliding onto his waist and placing your hands on his toned chest.