Chapter nine

Sorry for the wait, I was busy for a while and then I took a break from my phone for a few days since it was becoming the center of my attention.

Major abuse warning

- -

After that night you and Ivar became much closer, inseparably actually. He was madly in love with you and you felt exactly the same.

You even put in the effort to train with Sigurd more often, just to impress Ivar. The people noticed and simply adored your ways, often trying to talk to you when you were passing through the markets or down by the docks.

After around 1 month though, a raid was to begin and Ivar needed to go with his men, despite your protests of course.

"I will return in a few months love, I will leave you here with Hvitserk." He has explained to you shortly before excusing himself to go plan.

It hurt you a little that he didn't seem to mind leaving you for so long, but you pushed it aside as he made up for it that night, making sure to show you he cares with many marks of love.

Then, the next morning he gave your barely awake form a kiss goodbye and he was gone. His men walked with him to the dock and he got on the boat as if his wife had hardly any clue he was even gone yet. So when you woke up to his body missing besides you and without a trace of any way of saying goodbye, your heart dropped into your stomach.

You spent the rest of that day dealing with a few small matters from the people, it wasn't anything you couldn't handle and it kept you distracted.

Day after day that was all you did, besides the occasional visit to the markets with a few slaves.

After around 4 weeks in to the raid, Hvitserk tried to apologize for his actions before you and Ivar married, stating it was wrong of him to do such things and then he made it up to you by taking you out for the day.

You started training with him and spending the evenings together drinking and chatting. It made you happy to finally have someone to be around and to no longer have the weight of Hvitserks eyes on you in that way any longer.

So after a month of becoming rather close with Hvitserk he started to take notice of a new protective nature you started having towards your stomach. You only trained with a bow and throwing axe and Hvitserk was starting to worry he had done something wrong to upset you once more.

Currently, you were sitting in your room by the fire, a mug of ale in your hand as you just looked into the fire and silently prayed for your husband.

The creaking of the door opening made your head turn to the side and you noticed Hvitserk standing there, a hurt expression etched into his features.

"What bothers you Hvitserk?" You say softly as you usher him over to sit down besides you. He walks over but doesn't sit down, making you a little concerned.

"Have I done something to offend you? You've been acting distant and training hasn't been the same anymore." He says softly and you smile at his foolishness, assuming he already understood why you were acting how you were.

"Hvitserk," You laugh warmly and then watch as he kneels beside your chair to look at you, "I'm pregnant with Ivars child you fool." You finish, laughing as he suddenly grins and grabs your head, pressing a kiss to your forehead.

You giggle softly as he looks into your eyes in excitement, "I'm going to be an uncle." He says quietly and you pat his hand before you watch his face twist into slight discomfort, "Ivar will think this is my doing." He says lowly and his previously happy tone is replaced by a rather upset one.