Chapter six

You were the first one to wake up, a soreness pulsating from your core as you remember what happened last night. The urge to cry compels you, yet you don't know why.

Maybe it was because you had renounced your faith in God, or maybe it was just because you were happy in such an odd situation. You didn't really know and you didn't really care anymore as you look over at Ivar.

His features look soft and pure for the first time, he seemed to be enjoying his sleep and you didn't wish to wake him, so you quietly attempt to get up. You had planned to do a little exploring today and maybe even meet one of Ivars other brothers properly.

A hand on your waist stops you though as it holds your sitting form from rising at the ledge of the bed, "Ivar." You giggle softly and you feel his other hand snake around your stomach as he pulls himself to your back. His nose presses right to the bottom of your back and you giggle as he mutters something.

"Stay in bed, I do not wish for you to leave." He groans and you grab his hand that's on your stomach and chuckle.

"I wish to explore Kattegat, I have only been here 2 full days, this is my third. I promise I will lay here with you once I return." You say sweetly and his lips press into your back as he kisses you, "Ivar." You chastise in a warning voice and he groans as he rolls back onto his back and looks up at the ceiling.

You rise and go looking for your dress, not being able to find it anywhere. It had been dropped by the tub before you got in and now it was suddenly gone, it baffled you.

"I had a slave come in during the night, there is a new dress for you over there," Ivar points, watching your naked form filter around the room, "I do not wish for people to mistaken you for someone who is unimportant."

You turn around and spot the dress on a chair. It was black with long sleeves, red ribbon tied around the sleeves and a rather colorful belt adorned the waist.

"This is for me?" You ask, your voice shaking a little as you walk up to the dress and run your fingers down it.

"Yes." He smiles softly, watching as you pick it up and then slide it on. You looked like Freya in it and Ivar loved it, he knew you'd look ravishing in it.

Once you finish putting it on, you spot a pair of actual boots and you slip those on as well. It amazes you that Ivar had picked this all out himself, and it amazes you even more that you liked it.

"You forgot one thing." His voice cuts in and you watch as he rises from the bed, his trousers still on.

He crawls over to you and pulls himself up onto a chair, next to it a small chest. He opens it slowly and pulls out a fur shawl and a necklace. You stand in front of him and then turn around, getting on your knees so he can put the necklace on.

He wastes no time clipping it and then putting the fur over your shoulders. You rise from your knees and turn to look at him, "Let me braid your hair." He smiles and you look at him truly stunned at his words.

A simple nod pushes through you and you turn back around and get on your knees again. His fingers pull your hair expertly and he finishes in no time, making a braid you had never been able to do on yourself.

You normally did a single braid from the back of your head and that was it, but Ivar had braided the back into a small crown with two strands falling over your shoulders.