Chapter eight

Smut warning!

- -

"Come on dear, you got this." Helga whispers to you, flattening down the last parts of your dress and fixing up any final things before she opens the doors of the great hall.

Outside, people all stand in a row, gawking at the sudden beauty in front of them. At the end of the row of people, stand Ivar and a man you had never met, a bowl of blood and water next to him. You take a sharp breath as you make your first step and Ivar turns around a little and stares right at you.

His lips part as if to say something but nothing escapes his lips. His eyes trace over your form as you walk yourself to him and once you finally stand beside him, all he can do is stare.

 His eyes trace over your form as you walk yourself to him and once you finally stand beside him, all he can do is stare

Soft drums are played elsewhere and you watch as Helgas husband walks up and hands Ivar a sword. Floki smiles warmly before Helga hands him another sword which is handed to you.

You look at him a little confused but he just smiles at you before backing up. Leaving you a little dumbfounded.

The man who stood in front of both you and Ivar dips both his thumbs in the bowl of blood and places his thumbs on your foreheads at the same time. Everyone stays silent as his hand moves and rings are pulled out.

Both you and Ivar hold your swords straight up in the air and a ring is placed on the tip of each. You watch the small dainty ring slide onto Ivars sword and the slightly larger one slip onto your own.

Then, the man grabs Ivars face, pulling his stare from yourself to him, "Ivar, do you swear by the Gods that you want to marry this woman?" He asks and Ivar licks his lips as he looks at the man, his hold on his crutch faltering slightly.

"I swear." He breathes out and you catch Helga and Floki grinning from ear to ear at the sound of it. Hands are immediately placed on your face and your pulled to look at the man just as Ivar was.

"Y/n, do you swear by your new Gods that you want to marry this man?" He asks once more and you close your eyes, gripping your sword with two hands, breathing out softly.

"I do swear." You smile and the crowd erupts in cheers as both you and Ivar tilt the swords down so you can grab the rings. You reach for the top of his sword and slide the ring off onto your own finger and he does the same.

"Then you are married." The man smiles and dips his fingers in the water before flicking onto both of you and the surrounding people.

Ivar then hands you his sword and you give him your own, smiling as your hand grazes his. Once you exchange swords, Floki comes right up to grab them from you and your place your hands on Ivars cheeks and kiss him like there's no tomorrow.

Everyone around you shouts in celebration, even his brothers who would of rather it of been them up there with you. Besides Sigurd and Ubbe of course.