Two- Broken Alliance

The news was everywhere in the coven now. My grandmother was killed by a vampire. The Coven was angry and demanded some kind of revenge. Ever since this surprise, the elders have been following me everywhere and wouldn't let me breathe for a second.

"You need to contact the Vampire King and demand that the killer be brought to the temple for justice!" An elder man, John tells me.

They were all following me and I need to breathe for a moment.

"I need a couple of minutes to think about it. I'll speak with you when I finally have a solution" I inform and walked towards my chambers.

Chioma followed me into my bedroom watching me sit on the edge of my bed in distraught. I can't control this whole thing by myself. These people don't like me as much as my grandma.

"Dmitri, I need you"

I tried to send him a message but his mind was blocked for some reason. Something wasn't right with him. I could feel the darkness taking over him.

"We demand-" I began but I was interrupted by the temple guards.

"High Priestess, a group of vampires are trying to break into the temple gates" he alerts.

"What!" Chioma shouts.

"You two come with me and don't tell anyone" I order.

We both held our own teleportation stone that took us right at the temple gates. No supernatural being can enter the temple without our permission.

There were three vampires at the gates. They were turned the other way so I couldn't see their faces.

"What do you want here?" My guard shouts.

They turned around and my heart almost broke when I saw him. Was he connected to this? He looked at me and all I could see was anger and darkness.

"Let me out" I tell the guards.

"But High-" he starts to object.

"Don't question me, just do it" I say.

I stepped out of the gates and followed after me was Chioma. Within a second, one of his vampire acquaintances had Chioma in a chokehold ready to kill her.

"Dmitri tell him to let her go" I say calmly.

" She's playing with your mind Dmitri" an elderly man who stood beside him spoke.

"And who are you?" I bark.

"His uncle" The man replied.

"What's going on with you?" I asked Dmitri.

"You've been playing with my head and I trusted you. All that so you could betray me" Dmitri shouts.

"I never betray you" I said honestly.

"THEN WHY WAS MY FATHER KILLED BY A SORCERER?" He shouts in anger.

"What!" I shout in disbelief. The king was dead? "You think I had something to with this?"

"Why did you lie about my vision earlier tonight?" He questioned.

"I saw darkness in you and I was scared" I replied.

"You had no faith in me" his eyes showed a hint of sadness.

"You know that's not true" I argued.

"Don't listen to her. She's trying to trick you with her powers again. Don't let her" his dumb uncle told him.

"I'm not the one who's manipulating you, Dmitri. Now let my friend go" I say.

"You will give us the person that killed my father or our alliance is done" Dmitri ordered.

"Your father and my grandmother made that alliance for a reason. It benefits both of us" I dispute.

"Yes and it caused his demise!" Dmitri growled.

"No, I will not hand over the sorcerer because earlier today, my grandmother, the high priestess was murdered by a vampire!" I explain.

"None of our men were near this coven" his uncle shouts.

"Are you trying to question my knowledge? You better shut the fuck up" I shout. My body radiating with anger.

"You will not speak to my uncle like that! From now on, whatever we had is over until you give me the sorcerer who killed my father" Dmitri told me.

"I'm your mate" I say in disbelief from his words.

"She probably lied about that too" his uncle told him.

How can he throw away what we have by some words of a foolish man?

"Dmit-" I began.

"It's King Dmitri to you now" He corrects.

"Alright, King Dmitri, any alliance that the vampires and witches have is now over. Your people will not pass through our lands or benefit from it and we will avoid your land as well. Tell your men to release my friend because you do not want to start a war tonight" I order.

I used my magic to break the magical alliance that was made. A red light appeared in the air after I broke the alliance. He ordered the man to release Chioma.

We looked at each other one more time and this time, I was beyond pissed. Chioma ran over to stand next to me.

"But my dear, the war has already began" his uncle told me with an evil smirk and walked away.

Dmitri gave me a look of anger and betrayal and I did the same. He turned around to leave but my voice stopped him.

"I'm your mate and I will forever be your mate. Don't let it be too late for you to realized that some of your people are playing with you" I tell him.

He used his speed to run away after I spoke. I turned to hug Chioma who looked very frightened.

"Let's go inside" I say.

We walked through the gates of the temple and I turned to my guard.

"Summon all the officials for a meeting in exactly 30 minutes" I order.

"Yes, High Priestess" he responds.

I made sure Chioma was okay and I made my way into my room. My mind finally processed everything and I felt my heart breaking into pieces. How could he believe those things? I know he was hurting from losing his father but he hasn't realize that his vulnerability has made him easy to be manipulated by his uncle. I hope he becomes aware of his surroundings soon. I can only pray for him now.

My door opened after some time and Chioma entered.

"They are ready for you" She notifies.

We quietly walked down to the throne room together. All ten officials representing different regions of our lands stood few feet away from the golden chair. I took my seat and took a deep breath trying to find the words to say.

"Many discoveries were made today. One of our own was killed by a vampire and a member in this coven killed the Vampire King" I began.

The people let out a loud gasp and small whispers were made amongst them.

"Silence!" A guard shout.

"An investigation will be made to find out who killed the King. That person will be given to the vampires to do as they please. As of now, our alliance with the vampires is over. Do not go on their lands and if they come on our land, bring them to me. A war is coming; keep your family safe and protect each other. I hope you convey this information to the rest of our people with seriousness" I disclosed.

The whole room was filled with chatter after my speech. They were trying to figure out what would happen between us and the vampires now.

"You're dismissed" I say and stood up.

They watched me walked out of the room and I head straight to my chambers

Was tonight real? Did I really lose two people?