Six- Your Help

I wanted nothing more than to get out of this cabin. I couldn't look at him without wanting to kiss him and punch him at the same time. The creature was screaming in pain as Dmitri tortured him for information. Since he's occupied, now is the good time to run away, but I needed to know what these creature are for the sake of my people. I made the cabin soundproof with my magic because of the screaming creature.

"Where's my mother?" He asked for the twentieth time.

Suddenly a device around the arm of the creature started to beep loudly and flashing a red light.

"This is the only way you can find your mother but you can never operate it" the creature tells him while laughing.

"You're right, I can't, but she can" Dmitri points at me.

"You think I'll help you" I say laughing hard.

"My mother is in danger, Morowa!" Dmitri exclaimed.

"That has nothing to do with me. After all, I'm just a random witch to you who was trying to manipulate your mind" I replied adding the words of his uncle in his face.

He growled angrily and looked away from me with remorse.

"We don't have an alliance anymore so I don't owe you any loyalty" I tell him standing up from where I was seated.

"Morowa, I'm sorry" he pleads.

"Leave me alone, Dmitri" I respond trying not to cry.

I used the stone to teleport back to the temple. It was almost dawn and I needed to get some rest. I couldn't sleep. I just thought of him; he looked restless as if he hadn't had any sleep for a long time. His skin was losing its color which meant that he hadn't fed in a while. His radiant dark brown skin was getting paler.

I wasn't going to forgive him for all the pain he caused me for the past two months, but his mother is in trouble and she was incredibly nice to me when we met.

Chioma came by to check on me after I cancelled all my meetings for the day and was in bed watching tv.

"How is my baby niece or nephew?" She chirped happily.

"Ugh, don't remind me" I groan sitting up.

"Oh no, you're moody again" She teased.

"I saw him last night" I mutter.

"What!" She gasped dramatically.

I told her all about it as she stared at me intently while I was watching a tv show.

"Why did you leave?" She asked. "That was a little cruel".

"He doesn't deserve my help or my love anymore after all that happened" I respond.

"It's not only about you anymore, Moro!" Chi exclaimed pointing at my stomach.

"I'm starving. Let's go eat" I stood up.

"Don't change the subject" she urges.

I ignored her and stomped into my closet to change for breakfast. I wasn't in the mood for anything anymore.

As I walked down the temple alone, I came across a group of four young adults who didn't notice me.

"My mom is not happy that the high priestess is changing traditions, but I love it" a girl said.

"I don't. Traditions are sacred and are meant to be preserved" a guy replied.

"Why do you think she cancelled the process to find her mate?"

"maybe she knows her mate and doesn't like him"

"Maybe she's a severe feminist who thinks she doesn't need a man"

All this made me feel as if I didn't belong in this place. This place used to be tolerable when I could sneak off and be with him. Now even with a lot of people surrounding me, I still felt alone.

I walked past them giving them a blank look. Their faces looked as if they've seen a ghost.

"Oh no, She heard us" they whispered.

Suddenly there were screams in the corridor ahead of me. I sprinted towards that direction to find people surrounding a girl that laid on the ground coughing her black liquid from her mouth.

"It's those demons again. You need to find them, High Priestess please" her mother begs as she held onto her daughter sobbing.

"Fortunately, whatever they did to her hasn't reached her vital organs yet. We can save her but the money is high" the healer told the mother.

"I will take care of the payment. Just save her" I told the healer.

Once they carried the girl's body away to the operation room, I turn to Chioma, who was standing next to me.

"I'm going to be gone for a couple of days and I'm leaving you in charge. Report anything suspicious to me" I say.

"You're going to meet your baby daddy" she says happily.

"Please stop" I groan.

"Slap him for me" she spoke.

I gave her a playful glare and walked away. I went back to my room to pack anything useful for my trip. Anxiousness stirred in my stomach and I tried not to think about our encounter.

Once the sun set and most were back in their homes, I used my gem to teleport to that cabin. He was still in there. I slowly entered the place and noticed that those creatures weren't in the living room anymore.

"You're back" his voice came from behind me.

I turned to find him leaning against the wall with a glass cup in his hand.

"I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this to help my people" I inform.

"I'm doing this for mine too" Dmitri replied.

"Let's begin"

I had such a bad writers block and I didn't want to continue this book but now I still want to work on it. Thank you for your patience.