Three- The Shadow

"Where are you taking me?" I asked trying to match his pace.

It was late at night and we were outside our place at the cabin. We were running through the tall grass in the backyard. He was going way too fast. All of a sudden, he scooped me from the ground and into his arms.

"You're so slow" he said.

"Well, not all of us can have vampire speed" I respond.

Once we reached the small lake, he puts me down and I watched as he unbuttoned his shirt.

"Come on, take it off" He urged.

"Absolutely not, are you crazy!?"I gasp.

"Yes"

I held onto my clothes tightly thinking of ways to escape.

"Come on baby, don't be shy. It's nothing I haven't seen before" he said with a big smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and slowly removed my dress. It was a little chilly out but the weather is still hot. He took my hand into his picking me up again and entering the lake slowly. The water was warm but I still screamed once it touched my body. My arms went around his neck and my legs tightly wrapped around his waist.

"No black person ever goes into a lake in the middle of the night! There could be some creatures in here" I proclaim.

"For such a powerful witch, you sure are a scaredy cat" He teased.

"Don't let me go"

"I won't" He assured and held me tighter. His thumb stroked my lips gently and he replaced his thumb with his lips.

"You promise?"

"Yes"

I woke up with tears dripping down my cheeks after I realized my reality. It wasn't a dream but a memory. I could feel my heart ripping into pieces. If there was a way to go back in time and relive those moments with him again because I don't think it could happen again.

It's been 7 days since everything and today was my coronation. All coronations are done during the full moon and that's today. I also know he'll be doing his coronation as well but his will be televised for the country to see because Dmitri is a modern king. I didn't feel like getting out of bed but I must or this coven will be ruined. For the last seven days, I did my daily duties and went straight to my room afterwards. I didn't socialize with anyone, and they knew well enough to leave me alone.

I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night, and as soon as sleep came, my door opened for my 7am wake up call. Four women entered. Amongst them were, Chioma and Imani, my personal advisor-in-training. Her father was my grandma's advisor and they trained her to be mine once I took over as high priestess. The rest of the females were nosy elder ladies who pretend to be here to help with my coronation but in reality they are here for information so they can gossip later on. 

"High Priestess" they all bowed watching me sit at the edge of my seat. 

"Good morning" I tell them. 

"We have your dresses for the fitting. Would you like to try them on?" Imani asked. 

They placed the dresses next to me on the bed. One was black and the other, a sequined white. They were unique in their own way with different styles but they brought me pain once I remembered what it's for.