chapter 9

Cancer:

What!

I couldn't believe my ears and I stared at him as if he was archangel Gabriel and I was seeing him for the first time trying to read 'anything' that gave off his intentions that was basically 'nothing'.

"What do you mean, what?" I probably would have said that word out loud because now he was looking at me with blank expression spread over his sharp features.

"Yo-you want me to write poetry?" I asked as if he was going to laugh at me for mishearing him and would tell me how ridiculous my thoughts were but none of this happened as I kept waiting for his blank face to crack into a chuckle or a toothy grin, I know, I know that's too much to ask from this guy but still it doesn't hurt to expect such things once in a while, right!

"Wow, I didn't know you're deaf too apart from being dumb." He chuckled at his own sarcastic remark and it bit me like a bite of an octopus.

"pinch me." I blurted out deadpanned.

His face morphed in an expression that looked like he was in pain but in reality he was confused,"what do you mea-"

I didn't let him finish,"I said, pinch me!" I shrieked out because one, he just insulted me calling me dumb and deaf and two, I was MAD.

"Holly crap! Jeez yo woman, calm down." I didn't know my emphasis on something would get such reaction out of him because next thing I knew, another painful shriek left my lips,"ow, ow, ow!"

I pulled my arm out of his radar, massaging the little red spot where he punched me applying force that could make the dinosaur go wild in pain.

I looked back at him with disbelieving look, thinking how could he just pinch me like that.

He must have interpreted my expression because he shrugged back in the most casual way,"don't give me that look. You asked for it."

My subconscious shook her head with her arms crossed over her chest as she glared at him shooting daggers that could sink him six feet under the ground. I quickly patted my subconscious telling reassuring her it was nothing I couldn't deal with, successfully sending her back inside her evil cave.

"So that means you will do whatever I'll say?" I reasoned with him.

"Ofcourse," came his quick response,"just like you will do what I told you to." A mischievous smirk appeared on his face which turned victorious at my defeated sigh. I couldn't win from this guy. I was damn sure of it.

Within a minute he rushed back to his car and brought pen and paper for me before settling back in his previous position. Taking pen and paper from him, I looked up to find him already lost in this paradise that we were currently in.

"What do you want me to write about?"

"Anything that kicks your pumping heart crazy right now."

I faced away from him and closed my eyes to sense the serenity of this place. For a moment, everything went silent. I couldn't hear anything you. I focused hard but my heart was stubbornly not going out for some reason. It wasn't catching any emotion, rejecting everything leaving me void.

I opened my eyes and found him completely engrossed in his surrounding. He must loves such places. His eyes were set at something far off and the emotions were swirling inside them like water. Carefree and powerful. Not minding the boundaries. I could here the forceful roar of the water and the splashes here and there.

I could hear water speak, roar!

My eyes travelled up towards his short bangs. Few strands were hitting his eyelashes nonstop as if complaining at eyelashes to get out of the way and  let them have a look at his powerful orbs that reflected dare and promise.