chapter 12

Cancer:

What's the one word that describes both exhaustion and stressed out of your mind.

Mind fucked.

I was thoroughly mind fucked sitting in my first meeting ever of my career as a so called personal secretary and let's just say, I don't wanna go through such stuff  again in my entire life, like ever.

Its been third hour in a row since all the CEOs and other executives were discussing this issue that apparently zodiac Corp had and let's be honest, Aries was not happy about whatever the way it was going.

After an hour of them constantly bickering about the issue and other facts related to it, I at first thought it might be the kind of chit chat that goes around during such meetings but sitting behind Aries' seat, when I noticed the fuming expressions of some of the CEOs and then peaked at the flaring nostrils of Aries, I realized this might not be so good.

After excusing himself for a fifteen minutes break, Aries' stiffened posture got up and headed to the door. When I didn't make any move to bother getting up at all, he abruptly stopped at the realization and looked me up and down with the already plastered frown on his face.

I quickly straightened up in my seat, predicting something coming my way that I won't probably like that much.

"This is the part where you're supposed to follow your boss."
Aries' declared with arrogance dripping all over his sentence and left without as much of waiting for me to catch up to him.

My cheeks instantly burned as I caught few strange and somewhat amused glances from other members being thrown my way. For a moment, I decided to duck under the table and don't show my pathetic face until they all leave for their sweet homes but knowing that fuming ogre might break inside the office to remind me again to follow the boss, I went for option number two which was, to get the hell outta here and pray that I wouldn't have to come back ever again.

Well I knew I wasn't that lucky but little bit delusion here and there wont hurt, right!

Catching the glimpse of Aries standing in the office that was on the other end, I sprinted in that direction and rushed inside. Just as i opted to close the glass door behind me which I don't know why I did, maybe because I wanted to take the deepest breath of the century to face the igniting storm, I jumped in fright as the sound of fist bumping the wall resounded in the entire office, echoing mocking from every direction as if to welcome me in a hell.

"Fuck!" He cursed not under his breath and I turned around in the slowest motion possible in hopes that he might start feeling better by then.

His back was towards me which no longer was the case the moment he sensed my presence inside the office.

"What do they even think of themselves? They aint know shit and they are here to tell me that I might not get the deal in my next meeting with the Rising corporation." I wasn't so sure whether he was talking to me or just blabbering about the mishaps to no one in particular. I decided to jump right in anyway.

"They might be right ab-" i was cut short sharply in my attempt of stating what I felt was the obvious ego problem he had going on throughout the entire meeting.

"What? What on Earth do you mean they might be right." He spat angrily as he marched towards me reminding what a stubborn child he could be under that steel posture. But I might wanna admit that it was always equally scary to face him either way.

"No, I-I was just saying that-" I tired to scratch my brain with my imaginary elongated pointy banshee fingers nails because thats what i needed in order to find suitable words in this highly uncomfortable situation under his cold unwavering gaze.