V - CASSIOPEIA.

Oh, and I watched you. Watched you fall in, and out of love as the seasons went by. People always said— that watching someone you love, love someone else? It was a dire thing. I never rendered any mind to it. Until, it was this very love which embarked itself to tear me apart slowly. It definitely was hard in every sense. Oh, it surely was. But you were rapturous. And that was all that came across as a bearing to me at that point in time. You were tranquil being laced in endearment the way I desired you to be. Only I longed for that'd be with me. I call to mind when you'd come to me. Your eyes would pervade themselves with this impalpable light, when you spoke to me about her. As if she was all you could descry. I invariably just nodded, gesticulating in cognisance, and assimilation to each word that you spoke. For the reason that, I was fully versed with what you meant. I prattled about you in the aforesaid manner. I eyed you as if you were a lonesome individual in a room full of bodies. However, you at no time took notice to it. How could you? In fact, why would you? All that I felt for you was undeniably unrequited. Deep-seated in my heart, I was conscious that I could never have you. Yet, my heart prayed; prayed for that, one day, the chain of events would be unprecedented. My mind advised me to move on, but my heart instructed me to hang on. Staying up late at night, I cudgelled my brain on how those chaste, three little words would noise themselves, falling from your lips. But all that ever existed was in my mind. Subsequent to every heart break, I stayed. Stayed, to pick up your fragmented pieces, and patch you up back together. You said it physically hurt, as you positioned my hand over your beating heart. And when I stared into your bleeding eyes— I'll avow that it did. It hurt to see you hurt. That night, we were both suffering. Moping in agony, in our own contrasting ways. She was the cause for your dejection, while I was at the helm of mine. You bawled over how you loved her. And it was like I was smashed to smithereens all over again. You told me how you saw stars in her eyes. Little did you know, I saw the entire universe in yours.