Dinner & A Dog

If you enjoy this story, please comment and vote! It really helps me out. If you have any requests, comment them below! -Allison

It was a rainy Tuesday evening in New York City. You just arrived at home from work, to the apartment you shared with your boyfriend, Finn. He was still at the recording studio, but texted you that he would be home in about an hour. You were hungry, and decided to make dinner for the two of you.

You give your dog, Bailey, a pat on the head before washing your hands and opening the refrigerator, deciding what to make for dinner. Having just gone grocery shopping one day prior, you had a ton of food in the fridge. At Whole Foods, Finn had put a lot of desserts in the shopping cart... Muffins, ice cream, a whole chocolate cake; it took everything in you not to eat them all! Though that cake was staring you down, you reached past it to grab a handful of ripe tomatoes, a bunch of basil, lettuce, and lemons. Tonight you would make pasta with fresh tomato sauce and a light romaine salad to go with.

You put on a pot of boiling water for the pasta before blending the tomatoes and cooking them with olive oil, garlic, the basil, and a touch of red wine. It smelled delicious. After putting the spaghetti in the pot, Finn walked in through the front door.

"Honey, I'm hooommmeee!" he called out.

You smiled, wiped your hands on a towel and walked into the foyer. He greeted you warmly, with a hug and a kiss, then bent down to give Bailey some love. Her tail wagged like crazy as he gave her belly rubs and you smiled at the view. He took off the raincoat and beanie he was wearing.

"Baby, it smells delicious. Are you cooking?"

"I am! Spaghetti al pomodoro, and romaine salad with a lemon dressing." you said, putting your arms around his neck.

"Yummmm," he whispered before kissing you again. "Very fancy. Can I help you at all?"

"I think I'm okay. But, it's a little quiet in here... Why don't you play me something?" you suggested, smirking at him.

He smiled, and nodded. "Any requests?"

You shook your head no, gave him a peck on the lips, and returned to the kitchen. He sat at the piano in the living room, which you had a perfect view of from the open kitchen. He began to play a beautiful original instrumental melody. You sliced the lettuce for the salad, admiring him while he played. He turned to look at you momentarily, and you both smiled. The song finished.

"That was so beautiful. Is it new?" you ask.

"Yeah, I just wrote it a couple days ago." he scratched the back of his neck.

"What's it called?"

"Y/N." he smirked at you.

You chuckle. "It is not."

"Yeah it is. This is how you would sound if you were a song. It's beautiful, right?" he stood up, and made his way over to you.

You put down your knife, and smiled at him.

"Man, I'm lucky." you breathed, as he came closer to you and you put your arms around his neck. He held you by the small of your back.

"Me too." he whispered as he leaned in to kiss you. Every kiss felt like the very first — like fireworks, sending shivers through your entire body, making your knees weak.

He pulled away slowly. "Now we cooking, or what?"
he exclaimed.

"You actually want to help?" you smiled.

"Hell yeah! What can I do?" he rubbed his hands together excitedly.

"Well, start off by washing your hands. Then you can slice the cucumbers for the salad?"

"Sounds good. Sous Chef Finn activated!" he announced while washing his hands. You giggled and poured two glasses of red wine, then handed one to Finn, and continued to chop the lettuce.

The two of you drank wine, cooked, laughed, and danced until your delightful meal was finished.

"This is so Instagrammable." you marveled at the plates.

"Yeah it is. Team work! We should cook together more often!" he high-fived you and put an arm around your waist as you snapped pictures of the pasta.

You and Finn sat at your dining room table and ate, conversing about how the day went, before snuggling on the couch in pajamas and watching a movie.

And of course, you finally dug into that delicious chocolate cake.