The Diary

If you enjoy this story, please comment and vote! It really helps me out. If you have any requests, comment them below! -Allison

Finn's POV:

"Y/N?" I call out from the kitchen. Guess she isn't home.

My best friend Y/N and I share an apartment, and I'm about to start cooking dinner when I realize I can't find our cookbook. Maybe Y/N took it into her room?

I walk to her room and knock on the closed door, and there's no answer. That confirms that she isn't home, so I walk in.

She won't mind me looking for the book... Right?

I see the corner of a book poking out from underneath the cream dust ruffle of her bed, so I duck down and grab it. It isn't the cookbook. It's a little leather book that's fairly worn, and has no title.

'I shouldn't be doing this,' I think as I involuntarily open the book, and sit on the edge of Y/N's bed.

The first page reads:
Y/N's Diary!!! If you aren't Y/N and you're reading this, you're a twat and I will know you read this and pour bugs on you in your sleep. K bye.

I quickly pray that she won't actually pour bugs on me, and continue to invade my friend's privacy for some reason.

I begin to read.

Hey there... This is weird. Diaries are weird. Why do I need to write down what happens in my mind? Like who is gonna read this? Idk, but the internet says I should write in a diary soooo here goes nothing.

I'm SO annoyed. Finn is on a date.

I pause for a moment and re-read the sentence. I could not have read that right.

WHY IS SHE ANNOYED THAT I WENT ON A DATE?!

I continue reading.

The girl is prettier than me. He's way out of my league. Yes he lives with me, I know, but still! He's just so perfect! He's so funny and has the best sense of humor and the most gorgeous eyes... Ah... Yeah I definitely have a crush - haha. I can't tell him how I feel, it's just too risky. No way he feels the same way.
This was a dumb idea and I probably won't ever write in you again, so bye.

I stare at the page with my mouth open.

She-she likes me?

The girl of my dreams likes me?

THIS HAS GOT TO BE A JOKE!

I've liked Y/N for a long time now. I actually can't believe this, that she likes me back. This never happens to anyone!

My thoughts are interrupted by Y/N swinging the door open.

Oh shit.

She's carrying a bag from the convenience store, and is in pajamas. She rubs her eyes and jumps back at my presence. I am paralyzed by fear and her eyes look down at the diary in my hands.

Her eyes grow wide and she runs towards me and yanks away the book, collapsing on the bed.

"I already read it..." I admit.

She just lets out a big sigh, and sinks her head into the duvet.

"Why-hy-hyyyy?" she wines, elongating the why into a desperate and painful cry.

"I- I don't know..." I truthfully say.

"You like me?" I randomly ask.

She lifts her head and cringes.

"Well it's too late to deny. Yes, I do. But forget about me, I don't want to make anything awk-"

"You aren't," I interrupt.

"What?" her brows knit together.

"I like you too," I shrug.

Her face wrinkles in disbelief and I put my hand on top of hers. She crawls onto her knees and faces me.

"No way," She chuckles.

"I do. I'm... Well, I'm crazy about you," I blush.

Y/N throws her arms around my neck and presses her lips against mine, which is a thousand times more amazing than I dreamed it to be.

She pulls away, and looks at me mischievously.

Y/N smirks, "I'm totally gonna pour bugs on you for reading my diary, you twat." before kissing me again.