5

I didn't really have a set place where I sat for lunch. I kind of just picked a random table every time, and Cooper usually just followed. Whoever else I sat by was just up to change. Or whoever wanted to sit by me.

I grabbed a tray, and got in line, not even noticing who was in front of me. He turned around, a huge grin splitting across his attractive face when he saw me.

"Zion." His voice was smooth and slow, lingering over my name and making me want to hear him speak more.

"Hi, Jason." I muttered, cursing myself for sounding so shy. I was never shy. Why was Jason's smile affecting me so easily?

"How are classes going?" He tilted his head towards me to hear me while he continued to walk through the line.

"Good. Yeah...don't we...don't we share a class this year?"

"Believe me, I'd remember if I shared a class with you." He looked at me fully now, eyes taking in my face in a way that brought unexpected heat rushing to my cheeks.

"Oh." I struggled to remember why I even wondered about us sharing a class.

Oh yeah....the airplanes...

If he didn't share a class with me, and there wasn't a way he sent me those letters, then why was he looking at me like that?

"I just thought that maybe we shared literature?" I almost swooned when he looked over at me again, his eyebrows furrowing slightly in confusion.

"I don't think so, but I'd love for you to prove me wrong. Sit with me for lunch?"

We had reached the end of the line, to be honest, I had no idea what I even grabbed to eat. I had no idea where Cooper was, but the idea of sitting with Jason was a pleasant one, so I nodded, following him to his table.

I had always found Jason to be attractive. I mean, he was a good few inches taller than me, his skin a warm caramel, and his voice deep and slow. I had only seen him on a few occasions since my first year here. We had math together then, and worked on a project once for a very short amount of time. I had always been too smitten to say anything to him. I only saw him a few times since then.

The thing with me was that I was smitten by most people. Cooper used to try and make me tell him my type, but he gave up now when I always gave him the same answer. I didn't have one. I literally couldn't care less about someone's hair or eye color, their gender, their skin color...beauty was just beauty to me, and I fell for it hard every time.

As we walked, I noticed Anne sitting with a few of her friends, not far from where Jason led us to sit.

"I share literature class with her. With Anne."

"So do I!" His eyes met mine in surprise, and I found myself grinning for no reason.

"Then we share the same class. I sit at the front. Maybe that's why you haven't noticed me."

"And I sit kinda near the back. I'm always there just in time. Damn, how the hell did I let you slip by me all this time? I'm gonna have to change my seat, I guess."

I found myself watching his mouth while he spoke, mesmerized by the way laid back way in which he spoke. The calm sureness that caused me to blush again. I cleared my throat, trying to act calmer then I felt.

"I guess so. So, uh, how are the rest of your classes going." I changed the subject quickly, the thought of him sharing literature class with me almost too much to handle.

"Pretty good. Actually, you're just the person I wanted to talk to about that."

"I am?" I looked up in surprise, only to find his dark eyes waiting to meet mine.

"Yeah, you see, my assignment is an essay about the finer things in life, and I was wondering if I could interview you?"

Before I had time to faint, Cooper bounded up to our table, glaring at me.

"How dare you leave me alone?"

I looked up at him, but couldn't seem to be able to form words properly, looking back at Jason, who for a brief moment, dropped his right eyelid, before looking over at Cooper.

"I'm afraid I'm to blame. But I was just leaving."

"You don't have to—" I started to protest, but he flashed me a quick smile, and cut me off with an explanation.

"I really have something else I need to do, but I'd you'd like, I'll join your table tomorrow."

"Ok." I nodded, and he smiled again, before starting to walk away.

"Oh, hey, Zion?" He turned around to face me.

"Yeah?"

"Has anyone told you what's wrong with you today?"

"No?" I looked at him in confusion, meeting Cooler's confused eyes for a moment, before looking back at him.

"Good, because it's not a damn thing."

As soon as he was far enough away, I dropped my head onto the table, letting out the longest sigh possible.

"Cooper, did you hear that?" My voice was higher than normal, and I'm sure my face was a deep red.

"How the help could I have missed it? He practically told the whole lunch room." Cooper muttered, and I grabbed his hands in excitement.

"Cooper, I could squeal right here and now."'

"Do it. It would be fun to see everyone's reactions." He tried to pull his hands away from me, and I let go, drumming my hands in the table instead, to let out some of my emotions.

"I can't! He might hear me. Cooper, no one has ever flirted with me. Not like that. Not with pick up lines, and winking and...everything!" I sighed again, dropping my face into my palms.

"Maybe you should take a walk outside or something. You look like your about to combust."

"Cooper, you aren't helping." I felt myself blush deeper at the memory of Jason's deep voice and the way he said my name.

"Sorry. Umm...wow, that's amazing! I can't believe that after all these years, you have finally attainted to being flirted with. Maybe we should just add him to the list of suspects while we are at it."

I froze instantly. Jason shared literature class with me. Jason always sat in the back.

I looked up at Cooper, and I knew he knew exactly what I was thinking. He let out an exaggerated sigh, pulling his little notebook out of pocket.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, Zee, but, there's a good chance it's him."