The dark wizard

It was in America where you had first seen him. You had followed the aurors down into the subway, for they had not noticed you were behind the wall they had created to keep the no maj's out.

Newt Scamander had revealed Percival Graves for who he really was. You saw the dark wizard get taken away by MACUSA and made your escape just before they obliviated the muggles.

As a respected witch in America, you had requested to witness Grindelwald's move from MACUSA. Madam Piquery agreed, asking no questions, and allowed you to be present as they put him into the carriage.

Abernathy, who had presented the box containing Grindelwald's wand, remained present beside you as the carriage prepared to set off.

The moment the carriage had gone, everyone had begun to head indoors. It was out of MACUSA's hands now.

Abernathy stood on the edge of the tower looking out at the raging storm.

You remained up there to.

"Mr Abernathy?"

He looked over his shoulder at you, no reaction from seeing you there.

"For the greater good."

In his hand he held the elder wand, your focus more on the wand than his words.

"Come closer."

You looked up at him and took slow calculated steps over to where he stood. His coat blew from the harsh winds and now your dress was doing the same.

"Would you listen to him of given the chance?" Abernathy asked.

"To Grindelwald you mean?"

"Yes."

"I heard what he said in the subway months ago." You told him. "I'm conflicted I suppose. I can see his point, but I'm afraid."

"Take my hand." He held it out to you. "Go on." He urged softly.

You furrowed your brow, but reached for his hand anyway. Before you knew it, he had apperated elsewhere. More specifically under the carriage that was transporting Grindelwald.

You screamed as you realised the only thing stopping you from falling to your death was Abernathy holding onto you. He had pulled you into his arms, using his hands to cling to the carriage, and using his mouth to hold the wand.

"What are you doing?!" You yelled, frightened.

He said nothing as he looked at you. He let the wand drop from his mouth, where you were able to grab it and hold tightly to it.

"What the...?" You watched as his face began to change. Abernathy soon transformed into someone else. "Grindelwald..." You whispered.

He stared at you.

You grabbed onto the carriage and watched as he manoeuvred his way up the side, taking out the aurors who were meant to be transporting the dark wizard in question.

You closed your eyes and held on tightly.

Grindelwald was clever, he had manipulated Abernathy into joining him and they had swapped places for this daring escape.

That's one thing that was so frightening about Gellert Grindelwald.

Due to your position under the carriage, you missed a lot of what was happening with Grindewald, but you heard yells, spells being cast and the wind in your ears.

Grindelwald's hand came into view, he wiggled his fingers enticing you to take hold. You put the wand between your teeth and reached out, as crazy as this whole scenario was. He pulled you up from under the carriage, for a moment you were just hanging in the air holding onto him. You gasped as you were pulled into Grindelwalds embrace .

The dark wizard manoeuvred to the front and he sat you down. He had taken out the drivers and in a panic you grabbed the reins.

Grindelwald sat beside you and took them from you, you held on tight as he snapped the reins and the thestrals screeched.

Wizards on brooms were still chasing you.

Grindelwald held onto the reins with one hand and held his wand up with the other. With a few flicks of his wrist the wizards were taken care of. Right after he dove the carriage down into the river, the whole thing dunked into the water.

You merely got splashed.

The carriage was pulled upwards out of the water and continued to fly.

Grindelwald looked at you and handed over the reins, you took them from him and watched as he began to climb along the side of the carriage.

He pulled open the door and climbed inside.

You had no idea what happened in there, but he came back out and sat beside you again.

The only ones remaining on the carriage were you, Abernathy and the most frightening wizard you had ever had the pleasure to meet.

"Where are we going?" You asked, watching as he took the reins from you.

"Paris."

That was the first time that night you had heard his voice. You didn't day any more and let him drive.

You were already in deep.

That was the night that changed your life forever.