Roses

Gellert had heard you say at some point that the house didn't quite feel like a home. He had heard you say it to one of his acolytes and then in turn asked said acolyte what it was you had said in full.

The acolyte told him everything you had discussed to him about the house and what you thought would make it feel more like home.

Gellert found himself smiling at the idea that you had suggested flowers. They would brighten up the room and add a subtle sweet scent to the room as anyone entered.

With the wave of his wand he added a few bases of flowers in several rooms throughout the building.

The living room, your favourite spot, had roses to brighten up the room. He had chosen subtle white and pink roses to go with the decor.

Judging by the smile on your face when you came in to read the last of the book with him, he had done a good job. You had flame a second by the door just take in the scent of them.

"Is this better?" He asked, his voice laced with amusement.

"You heard me." You looked at him.

"I did. Flowers, so I hear. Is this better?" He asked again.

"Yes. Still not quite home, but much better." You sat down beside him.

"What else can I do to make it feel more like home for you?" His voice dropped an octave.

"I'm not sure, the room could use a little more colour." You gazed around the room. "If the cushions were a colour that stood out amongst the cream of the room, something intense like red, which the pink roses would compliment."

Gellert gave a wave of his wand.

"Like that?"

"Yes. Better! I think now I just need to spend some more time here, make it feel more like home for me." You smiled softly. You turned to thebpage you needed. "The flowers certainly make it more relaxing in here."

"I'm glad you like the improvements."

"It's almost as if you're trying to impress me. Though I'm sure you asked the others for their options here too." You said mindlessly.

"Just you." Gellert admitted.

You looked at him, your mouth agape.

"Does my opinion mean that much to you?"

"Yes." He grinned. "Now, do go on." He gestured to the open book.

You blinked a few times and turned your attention to the book. You began to read the words, momentarily forgetting what Gellert said about your opinion.

You got to the end of the book and put it down.

"Fascinating." Gellert muttered in thought. "I'll let you pick the one. You have a good taste in literature."

"Thank you." You stood up and went to put the book on the shelf, your eyes skimming for your next read. A dark blue covered book caught your attention and you plucked it out from amongst the others heavy reads. "This one sounds good." You smiled.

You went to sit back down.

This book was a lot thicker than the last one and you were intrigued to find out what it was about.

Gellert watched as you looked at the inside cover. A small description written there.

A few hours of reading and you decide that was enough for one day. You put the book on the shelf, with a bookmark for next time, and go to grab a bite to eat.

Gellert sits there for a while longer, thinking.

He had only focused on certain spots on the house with the flowers. He was no way an expert at home interior, but he had an idea that he thought you might be grateful for.

Those of his followers staying in this house were of course assigned bedrooms. Yours being rather close to his own. He headed up to your room and saw the door was open, you hadn't been here yet. The room was untouched, still looking like a set up in a hotel.

He grinned slightly and gave a wave of his wand. Roses set themselves in the empty vase that he put there for you own design, but he figured he'd give you some flowers to start with.

They were pink roses, the colour a subtle contrast to the otherwise plain room.

He left once he had done his part and found you in the kitchen, he walked right through and passed I to the next room, leaving you to get settled.

He was unsure of exactly how long he would have to hide out here, might as well get to know his followers better.

Especially those who just got dragged along.