Quiet night

Grindelwald had gone to see Credence after the young man went to seek out the woman who gave him away.

They had a small chat on the rooftop.

Gellert returned to the house, one follower removing his coat as he came through the door.

"Where is Y/N?" He asked another.

"In the living room, as usual." He ignored the others and headed straight for where you were.

As he assumed, you were sitting on the sofa reading. The same book as the other day, but he could see you were many pages ahead from then.

You hadn't noticed him enter.

He took his silence as an opportunity and came up beside your chair. You were very invested in the book.

"Busy day?"

You jumped in your seat. His voice was right in your ear and you were careful not to hit him as you turned sharply to look at him.

"You scared me!"

"I apologise." He was grinning. "You were deep into that book."

You closed the cover and looked down sheepishly, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear.

"I... I quite like it. Muggles have good tastes in books."

"Is that so?" He sat down in the space beside you. "Perhaps you could tell me about it, or maybe... you could read it for me?"

"Wh-what!"

"Im teasing you. Unless of course you want to." He chuckled. His arm was draped around the back of the sofa.

Your face was bright red. You avoided eye contact with him at all costs.

"I'll be making my speech tomorrow. I request you come to hear, we may not be coming back here."

"I have no intention of leaving your movement, Grindelwald. Whatever happens, I'll be there to support you. Will Scamander and the boy be there?"

"The boy, I'm certain. Scamander, I'm expecting."

"Do you want me to do anything?"

"No, just be there."

"Alright." You put the book on the coffee table and stood up.

"Where are you off to?" Gellert remained seated, his head looking up at you.

"To prepare. This is important."

With the hand that wasn't draped over the sofa, he reached out and took a light hold of your wrist. His lips twitched upwards.

"Stay."

You caught your bottom lip between your teeth gently as you took small steps back to sit down. His hand remained around your wrist in the most softest grip. His hand was warm.

"Where do we go if we can't return here?"

"I have a safe house."

"You do? Where?"

Gellert glanced at the door, he was certain no one there, but just as a precaution he leaned in close to your ear and whispered in his deep voice.

"Austria. Don't say a word. I trust you."

He leaned back and looked you in the eye. His thumb brushed along the skin of your hand.

You nodded subtly.

"My lips are sealed." You say softly.

"Now, enough talk of tomorrow. Let's sit down and take in the evening. A quiet night in."

It was at this moment, as you were looking at him in the silence of the room, that realised you were more than just a follower to him.

"Shall I read you that book then?" You smiled shyly.

"I'm listening." He smiled back.