1945

1945 might seem like an ordinary year to anyone, but it was about to become a very important year. Wizarding history was about to unfold into a whole new era, events that would go down in the history books were on the edge of happening. The wizarding world was on edge and it was a do or die situation.

The day after Albus got the letter from Grindelwald he told the ministry what had been said. Every newspaper in the world began to read that Grindelwald had declared war for freedom and that Dumbledore would be there to stop him.

Hogwarts was under safe guard, but should Albus leave the grounds he would be bombarded by journalists. Aberforth even stayed at the castle because people were coming to him too.

Tina tried to keep things controlled with MACUSA, but even the wizards there were running up a fuss. The wizarding world was hysteric and they knee this was what Grindelwald wanted.

Albus Dumbledore would be a name everyone in the wizarding world would know. He would be looked up to, respected and honoured. Everyone wanted to hear what he had to say, but he refused to talk about it. Word got out that he and Grindelwald knew each other personal and to an extent, many already knew. It wasn't exactly a secret to begin with.

This whole ordeal was not something he asked for, but it was happening right in front of him.

It was the early hours of the morning and both parties were making the journey to meet after all these years. Something big was going to happen on this day and only one side could prevail.

If Grindelwald won, the wizard in world would be exposed and he would see to it he ruled over it with power. He had the wand.

If Dumbledore won, the wizarding world would remained hidden and safe from muggles. He would be seen as a hero who stopped the bad wizard and everyone would look to him when the wizarding world is threatened.

Grindelwald isn't the first dark wizard and certainly won't be the last, but as of this moment he's the worst the world has ever seen.

The area is bare of anything as the two armies, though Dumbledore hated the fact he was basically leading an army, approached one another.

Gellert sat his eyes on Albus, and vice versa.

When you woke up that morning, you woke to the sight of Grindelwald laying beside you with a smile. He was already awake. He had spent the night with you after making up with you. He wanted every morning to be this way because without you he felt hopeless. He needed you in his life and he was going to fight for you when the war came.

He gave you a kiss and relished in the moment as in a few hours be would be fighting his friend. You would be there beside him. The day was here and there was no turning back now.

You were walking beside Gellert, hundreds of his followers gathered behind you both, your hands were entwined and you could feel him squeeze it as both sides got closer.

You could see Albus quote clearly now. His long dark coat, hat on his head, hands in his pockets. He may look like he wasn't fazed by this, but Grindelwald could see, even from this distance, how much this bothered the man. Dumbledore didn't want to be here any more than you did.

There was a chill in the air, your hair being blown gently in the wind. A shiver ran down your spine, but the cold was the least of your worries today.

"I really didn't want to do this." Albus called out.

Grindelwald and yourself shared a look before he turned back to Dumbledore.

"Neither did I, but you've left me with me with no choice."

Albus sighed softly and held up one of his hands. It was in a fist, concealing whatever he was holding. You had a pretty good guess as to what it was, but you would let Albus reveal it himself.