A different decade

Note!!: From here there is a huge timeskip, but don't worry, I'm going to shed light on what happened over the next few chapters. I felt it necessary to move things along, while filling the important parts in for you all. Keep in mind I'm making up these events due to lack of knowledge of what happened during that time. Enjoy!!

Laying low just became living in that castle for several years. Grindelwald's followers were laying low and none of the ministry's had any links to the whereabouts of any of them or the dark wizard himself. Despite the lack of appearance from him, the wizarding world was still alert, just not on high guard as before.

The would come when he came out of hiding again.

Albus had spent all this time with his small team waiting. He continued to teach at Hogwarts while meeting with the Scamander brothers and company to discuss their next move. It was rather difficult to plan ahead when they themselves had literally no idea what Grindelwald would do next.

It was a long waiting game.

1936.

It had been a decade exactly since Newt had appeared in New York, exposing Grindelwald and crossing paths with his new found friends.

The wizarding world had changed a lot in that time and ministry presidents and ministers were gathering often to discuss the crisis of the magic community. Though no witch or wizard spoke much of the dark wizard in this time, whispers were spread and the cause of concern rose up.

"Anything?" The minister asked approaching Albus Dumbledore in his office.

"Still nothing. Trust me, you'd know if Grindelwald was up to something new. There would be news of it." Albus sighed.

"Y/N is still with him, Albus." His brother voiced his concerns for your well being. No one had heard from you since that day, it was suspected that Gellert was keeping you close by and out of their sight. They just hoped that you were safe and still out there somewhere.

"I know. I know." Albus was just as frustrated. It felt like he had let you down by letting Grindelwald get your mind like that.

"We have to go to him. Any luck with that pendant? We need to break it so you can fight that man." The minister of magic tapped the desk several times as he stared Albus down.

Albus held the pendant up.

"I'm running out of ideas. I think we need to do far more extensive research on how to break blood pacts. We all know this kind of magic can't be taken lightly." He clasped his fist around it.

"Leave that to us." Newt spoke up. "We will find the way to break it, you just keep tracking Grindelwald."

"What do you think we've been doing all these years?" The minister had a short fuse.

"Trying your best, but we have to do better." Theseus stood up from where he had been sitting behind Newt. "Newt, Tina, Jacob, Nagini and myself will look through every book to find an answer."

"Me?" Nagini looked up at him upon her name falling from his lips.

"You were close to Credence, weren't you? Maybe you'll discover something about where we can find him while he search for answers." He replied softly.

Newt agreed with that idea and Albus agreed with the plan, leaving the ministry to work with him on locating the most wanted wizard.

A year after going into hiding, Grindelwald had become much closer to you. You were often seen by his side, more so than before. Anyone on the outside might even say you had begun to think and speak like him.

Gellert was using what he could to his advantage, but to some it was clear he actually cared for you. He just never admitted it out loud. He didn't need to.

You didn't think much of the matter, but you certainly felt lie he was treating you as his significant other. Dinner dates. Dancing. Long chats into the night. Hand holding. He even stayed the night with you most of the time now.

You stood by the window tending to a vase of mixed roses. They brightened up the room nicely.

Gellert entered the room and grinned when he spotted you. You looked so in your element. He walked over slowly and wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you in close to his chest. He heard you chuckle as you let go of the roses and let him sway you gently.

"Someone might come in."

"Does that matter? Everyone here knows." He practically moans into your ear.

"What is it they know?" You turned around to face him. You wanted to smile, but you needed to know the answer before you gave away how you felt. You just wanted to him hear him say it.

He rose a hand and gently brushed it against your cheek. "That you're mine. You're special." He gave you a cheeky smile, his eyes narrow, but full of amusement.

"What am I to you? Come on, it's been years of this." Your hands moves to his as you looked down.

He leaned in, letting go of one of your hands so he could tilt your chin up, and kissed you. Right away you kissed him back, wanting this.

To hell with him being a dark wizard. He had you wrapped around his little finger.

"My lover would be an appropriate description." He muttered against your lips.

You bit your lip softly and stepped away slowly with a grin.

"Is that so?"

"I said so." He chuckled.

Your hand was still in his larger one as he guided you over to the sofa. He sat down, but you remained standing as someone came in. It was Credence.

"I'm ready." He stood by the door looking Grindelwald in the eye.

"Then we'll make our move soon."

Credence nodded and looked at you with a smile before he left you both alone again.

"What happens now?"

"Fancy meeting Albus after all this time?" He looked up at you with a serious expression. He was trying to read your thoughts through your eyes.

"If you want me to."

"Do you want to?" He asked sternly.

"I don't know. He knew I was working with you last time..."

"I won't let him take you from me. Never."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

You gave him a small smile and sat down beside him. He reached for your hand again.

"Alright. I suppose I have a trip to prepare for."

Albus was sitting at his desk, his fingers tapping against his desk. He was staring at nothing in particular as his mind reeled.

Then his gaze was focused on the door as someone entered.

"Someone wishes to see you."

"Who is it?"

"Y/N L/N."

He had never stood up so fast.