Five- A real blessing

Fresh tears fell from my eyes, rolling down my cheek and collecting at the edge of my jawbone. The white stick with two pink lines stared back at me, reminding me of how my life would be forever changed in the next nine months.

My first thought was to indeed head to the father, but quickly scratched the idea after the scenario played over in my head.

"Knock-knock," sang a feminime voice from the other side of the tent.

I paled as her voice echoed through and shoved the test under a pillow. Wiping my tears, I forced on a soft smile. "You can come in."

The door flapped over, revealing a dirty Raven. Sweat glistened across her forehead, the beats sliding down her head, mixing with the grease and dirt the coated the edge of her jaw.

"Clarkie! You won't even believe--" Her plump lips snapped shut, eyebrows furrowing together. "Why the hell do you look so dull?"

The ground felt as if would fall from underneath me, the sides of the tent swaying around. I pushed past the dark haired girl, sticking my head out of the tent. Contents from lunch came hurling up, piling up on the ground in front if my home.

Raven grabbed my shoulders, gently pulling me backwards and placing me on the cot. "Hey, what's going on? That sickness better not be making its way around again."

Water welled up in my eyes, another batch of salty water plunging to the floor. Negative scenarios filled my head again-- one's filled full of rejection, hatred, and neglect, all the reactions I feared the most.

I shook my head towards Raven, and reached under the flat pillow that lie atop my bed. I thrusted the plastic in her hands, and buried my face into my knees, sobs growing heavier with each passing second. Raven's eyes lit up, her face sparkling with glee, an attitude that consisted of optimism.

"Clarke, I don't understand," She blinked. "This is amazing! A real blessing."

I squeezed my eyes shut, wincing. "I've always wanted kids," I started. "But-- how'll I keep my job as a guard, a leader?" I roughly nibbled on my bottom lip. "And, oh god! How will Bellamy react?"

Her hand rubbed soft circles on my back, tracing small shapes far and wide. "Do it now. It's not fair to hide it from him, and you know it."

I briefly nodded, quickly ducking out of the red tent and heading the main hall. My boots crunched underneath the soil-- but none could be heard over my heart, which hammered against my rib cage. Heads of people crowded my view yet, above everyone, his inky curls were spotted dancing on top of his head, bouncing with every move he took. I waved the freckled face over.

"Hey, Clarke," Bellamy smiled, his rough hands rubbing my shoulders.

I forced by lips to curl into a small smile. "Hey Bell. I, uh--" I released a small cough, wincing at the nausea that crowded my head. "Can we talk?"

Bellamy's hand flew forward, leading me to the tent we shared.

"I'm pregnant."

Bellamy hadn't even made it halfway into the tent when the confession slipped from my lips. The dark haired boy stood frozen, one leg in the tent.

"Clarke, that's awesome," He paused, questioning his response. "Isn't it?"

I nodded, tears threatening to fall.

He wrapped his arms around me, rubbing my back. "I can't wait to see it." He pressed his lips to my forehead, providing a small kiss to the top of my head. "I love you."

A/n:

I want to say this was short but,, iTS NOT— there will be a part two. Maybe even three. I actually have like,, a whole storyline planned for this so—

:p

Until next chapter lovelies!