do you see it

Amy's POV

"Are you okay boogie," my boyfriend max teased me. He was trying his best to cheer me up but, it didn't seem to be working.
"I'm fine," I replied smiling.

It was almost time for Jessica's welcome home party and I felt really bad about it. The last time I had a real conversation with Jess was when I first started dating max three years ago. We both had a huge crush on him but, Jessi was afraid to let him know, me on the other hand didn't hesitate to tell him about my feelings. I know it was wrong because, Jessi and I had made a promise that we wouldn't let a boy come between us and I broke it. We argued about it and she stormed off angrily then, seven-minutes after I got a call that she was hit by a car.

I sigh loudly which caused max to look down at me, "what's the problem now babe," he asked with a concern look on his face. I shook my head before looking up at him with another smile.

"Ding," the doorbell rang out.

"That must be them," I gestured before stumbling to my feet lazily. I walked downstairs to the living room door and open it to find; Eric, Richard and Ericka waiting and talking.

"Hey guys, come on in," I spoke as they all walked inside, Richard was clinging to Ericka's hand tightly.

"Has Jessica arrived already?" Eric asked as he peeked behind me.

"Not yet," I replied nervously. I had no idea what I'd say to her, how would I tell her that I'm still dating max.

"Where's that boyfriend of yours," Ericka teased me as she threw her arms around Richard. " Ooooh, max!" She shouted.

"He's upstairs getting ready," I spoke shyly before leading everyone into the dining hall.

"Who's calling me," max voice echoed from the doorway. I looked back to see him walking towards us, his brown hair and blue eyes were fixed on me, all his muscular abs visible through the shirt he was wearing.

"Hey babe," he spoke as he stopped in front of me. "Where's jes-," the doorbell suddenly rang interupting what he was about to say.

"I'll get it," Eric spoke as he raced towards the door. It was obvious that Eric had a huge crush on Jessi but, he was too dumb to man up and tell her.

" You're all so late," I heard him say then the door slammed. Jessica, Tim , Scarlett and Erica both came walking back in.

"Hey guys," Tim spoke as he pushed his hands in his packet, his wired nerdy glass bent one side on his face as his messy hair covered the left side of his glasses.

Ericka ran towards Jessica, her long golden hair tangled together, she crashed into her with a big hug while tears slid from her cold grey eyes. "I've missed you so much," she sobbed, causing us to all feel sad.

"Babe chill," Richard called out to her as he dragged his fingers through his shiny black hair," we all missed her," he spoke once more.

"He's right, we're here to celebrate her so, let's not get all sad and droopy," Scarlett yelled out. Her bland straight hair hanging down her shoulder as she stared at us with her amber eyes.

We were all gathered together just like the good old days, it's been three years since we have even spoken to each other but, look at us now, talking and laughing.

"Shall we proceed?" I spoke, pointing up the stairs. "I've got our usual room all set up, let's go," I announced.

We all walked up the stairs and to a room with a lion sticker on the door, then we pushed it open and walk inside. All the lights inside were off except for a little lamp that illuminate a small section of the room.

 All the lights inside were off except for a little lamp that illuminate a small section of the room

"Nothing has changed in here," Tim spoke with a smile.

Everyone looked so calmed and relaxed as we all sat down, except for Jessica, she kept looking over into a dark corner and had a terrified look on her face.

"What's the matter Jess," I asked.

She looked over at me then at everyone else. " Do you guys believe that people can get hurt in dreams?" She asked bluntly.

"Dreams are just something our body does when we sleep," max replied as he grabbed my arm.

"I know this is a place where we use to talk about supernatural things but, why would you ask that?" Ericka asked as she cradled up next to Richard.

"You guys won't believe me when I tell you this but, I think there's something haunting me, I've been having some wired ass dreams ever since I came out of a coma. Jessica spoke as she gulp down.

Everyone looked at each then at Jessica before bursting into laughter, "good one Jessi," Tim said laughing.

"Dreams aren't real," Eric laughed.

"Oh really, then if dreams aren't real how did I end up with these," Jessi spoke as she lifted up her hoodie sleeves, revealing thousands of scar marks.

"What the hell," I shouted out in complete shock.

"How did you get those!" Scarlett shouted.

"Everytime I sleep, I get torn apart and when I wake, I wake with these scars.

Everyone went silent for a minute.

"You can't be getting haunted, frankly we don't believe in the devil so, all of this must have something else to it." I spoke nervously.

"Oh yeah, well look over into that dark corner and tell me if you can see it too," she replied.

Frightened and terrified at the same time we all shifted our focus over into a dark corner of the room. There was a big dresser there with a lot of clothes thrown on the floor but, in the midst of all that I swore I could see illuminating eyes staring back at us.

"What is that," Tim asked as he stared at the glowing eyes.

"Do you see it," Jessi asked as she looked back at us with terror in her eyes.

"It's real," she spoke.