sleep over

Jessica's POV

I walked silently beside Eric as we made our way to his house. The street lights were illuminating the dark road in front of us.

"So," I spoke trying to break the unbearably silence between us.

"So, what?" Eric answered as he looked down at my mutilated arm.

I uncomfortably place my other hand over the wound even though it hurts a lot causing Eric to look away from me.

"Are you going to tell me what happened or are you just going to keep acting as if nothing happened," Eric angrily spoke before sighing.

"What do you mean," I asked, " I just fell on a broken bottle in my room," I answer. I could see the confusion in Eric's face but he just kept quiet. We walked in silent until we reached his house.

"We're here," he finally spoke breaking the silence between us. We both walked up to the house. Eric was about to turn the door knob when the door suddenly flew open.

"Oh, I was wondering when you'd get back," the person standing in front of us muttered out loud.

"What are you doing here Tim?" Eric asked as he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Oh, hey Jess what happened to your arm?" He asked as his gaze shifted towards the wound on my shoulder.

I was about to answer when Eric interrupted me by asking another question.

"Did you come here to see me or her dude?"

Tim gave him a glare before fixing his glasses. " The others are inside, we found something that caught our attention and we thought you'd be interested in taking a look at it. Oh, and your mom was the one who let us in.

I could see the annoyance building up more and more within Eric as he shoved pass Tim and entered the house. I followed close behind him as Tim also turned around and came back inside.

"Hey guys," a soft voice called out to us as soon as we entered the house. It was Eric's mother, she was holding a laundry basket in her hands while greetings us with a warm smile.

"Hey Miss Evans,"  I called back to her while waving my arm trying not to let her see the blood that was running down my shoulder.

"Nice to see that you are doing well Jessi, she spoke once more before walking away. We continue to the guest room where we saw Richard, Ericka, Max, Amy and Scarlett waiting for us. As soon as I entered the room Scarlett rushed to my side before giving me a big hug. She was always the hyper type.

"How are you feeling now," she asked.

I was about to answer when Ericka suddenly yelled causing everyone to worriedly look at her.

"What's the matter with you babe?" Richard asked as Ericka pointed towards my bloody shoulder.

Everyone looked at me but, I spoke before anyone could ask anything.

"I fell on a broken glass and it cut my shoulder." I spoke hoping that they'll believe my ridiculous lies.

"Okay then," Max spoke shrugging his shoulders.

"I want to know why you guys are here?" Eric asked as he scanned the room with his eyes.

"Apparently we came here to show you something," Tim answered. " But, we didn't know that Jess would be coming over. He spoke.

"So, who's going to show it to them because I still don't get it?" Richard questioned as he looked at everyone.

"Show us what?" I asked as I walked over to where Scarlett was sitting.

Max then pulled his laptop from within a bag and began searching for something.

"Come take a look at this," he said calmly with his sight still focused on the screen.

Eric and I  both walked over to him to see what they were all going on about.

It was some kind of dark site that had an article which had a headline that read. The girl that claimed she was chosen by the devil.

I gasp as I began to read. It said that about 16 years ago a girl by the name of Emily Johnson woke from a very long coma. For the first week everything was normal but, as it approached the second week she began waking up late at night crying about monsters that would devour her in her dreams. The girls parents got paranoid when she told them that the devil wanted her soul. They sent her off to the momentum asylum but, it only got worst. Apparently Emily would wake from her sleeps with bruises all over her body and she would always have the same excuse.it got so bad that she went crazy. Nine months after that she disappeared without a trace. No one saw her leave the asylum so they assumed she had died somewhere where no one could ever find her body. All that was left behind was a note she had written on the wall with her blood. It said "he shall choose another.

With that Tim then scrolled down to where there was a photo of Emily and a picture of the wall which she had left the note.

We were all silent for a moment before Tim broke the silence.

" Do you think you can relate to any of these," he asked as, he looked up at my pale face.

I shook my head then took a deep breath." We can all discuss this in the morning, it's kind of getting a bit late to do it now," I told them as, I faked a smile.

"Oh, didn't we tell you?" Ericka asked before standing up. "We're all sleeping here tonight.

With that said Eric's face quickly changed colour, he was about to say something when Amy interrupted him.

"Don't say another word Eric, we can't just leave you all alone with Jess so, therefore we'll stay and have a sleep over. It'll be just like the good old days," she smiled.

Eric had no choice but, to say yes and with that we all went up to his room where everyone took a spot and got comfortable and soon we all drifted off to sleep.